Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It has been an interesting and entertaining process to rebuild and reinforce the piece that will give a small support in the back of the plane.

... let the photos speak!, ... and please do not hesitate to ask what you want.

746.jpg
747.jpg
748.jpg
749.jpg

At first I thought of using the thinness of an acupuncture needle (because the small of the pieces), but I decided to use the same clip to reinforce the end that is attached to the inside ...

750.jpg
751.jpg

... and so it was in the beginning ...

752.jpg

... And I did a dry fit ...

753.jpg

The enlargement of the piece of white styrene, would give better and greater surface to attach that end to the inner part.

Back in a moment with more ... :thumbup:

... now I had to calculate the length of that clip in the best way, so that it was minimum what had to be "adjusted" so that the airplane would be perfectly seated, ... and so it occurred to me ... :idea1:

754.jpg
755.jpg

Placing a small container with weight on the tip, I got the three tires to touch the floor and at the end of the table I could observe the correct distance ... and I just dialed with a pencil and made the cut with a metal scissors.

I liked the result of the finished piece ... :headbang:

756.jpg
757.jpg
758.jpg

... and again in a dry fit (or dry test, ... I do not know how to say it correctly), I could see that it was very stable and correctly leveled plane ... :hello1:

759.jpg
760.jpg

I returned to remove the piece and now it is only a matter of painting (I will be based on the reference of the image shared by Wojtek in post # 838)

How many things have come up with details and composures, uff !!, ... worth recapitulating and mentioning the improvements, errors and accidents that have been done here, as suggested by good friend Robert Parker.

Well, it's all for the moment, I'll go to sleep for a while, good night on this side of the world and good morning everyone on the other side.

Saludos :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Darryl, Wojtek, Robert & Geo, thank you as always for your kind comments. :salute:

I think this was the last piece rebuilt and modified for this my tenth model under construction. :cry:

I added a few more details that improve the real appearance ...

761.jpg

For the painting process, I used these colors.

762.jpg

..with gun metal I made the wear and tear and use ... and finally a wash with oils to dirty the piece.

763.jpg

I feel satisfied and happy with the finish of the tiny piece.

765.jpg

764.jpg

... that seems to you, ... has a resemblance to the one of real size ....?? :mrgreen:

765.1.jpg

I share an image of my improvised and very messy mini photo studio. :director2:

766.jpg

Well, I have already retouched up some parts of the lower part of the plane, mainly in the area of the front landing gear, the floodgates and the central rail, and ... if there is no more surprise :confused2:, I will give the final weatherig to the whole Lib and mount all the outer parts.

I will keep you informed and again THANK YOU for your company in the process.

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

I entertained myself a little by clearing the possible excess paint from the metal structure of the bubble, for which I used a toothpick with a sharp point and the other flat but square.
In some parts, paint was missing or peeled and I brushed it with a fine-tipped brush.

767.jpg

Later we can see in detail, with the machine guns installed.

Now, for the final wash I used very diluted oils in Sprint solvent (for oil paints) ... I want it to be a very thin layer so as not to darken the Lib.

768.jpg

Is a very light layer that homogenizes the decals and makes subtle the different tones of the panels ...

769.jpg
770.jpg

For the smoke and fire marks of the engines, as well as the gasoline intakes, I used the same technique as in the lower part.

772.jpg
773.jpg
771.jpg

I like that it is very controllable and with the brushes (one with oil and the other dry) I can put or remove the intensity of smoke, and with cotton swabs (q-tips) fine detail and finish.
As you will remember (with the engines on the bottom), engine # 3 is the one I liked to represent that was overheated or even caught fire in flight. And the smoke was so great, that the right rear stabilizer was also struck by the smoke.

775.jpg

Regreso en un momento...:thumbup:

Another pair of more complete photos
774.jpg

776.jpg

I will let dry for a couple of days, I will place the small external parts to then apply the matt varnish that fixes all the work done.

Only need to work on all the lights and place the antenna cables ...

Greetings to all :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back