Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Their compliments and timely interventions are pure motivation, ... with some nostalgia I see the end of this enriching experience approaching; Surely I have said it before and I will continue to say, "it has been a very pleasant experience in my renewed modeling stage, in the company of so many visitors and hobby colleagues around this wonderful world."

I already have the cockpit with its roof instrument panel; But forgot the side windows.
The kit has a bubble window for each side; But those of "The Squaw" are flat (somewhere in this long thread I showed the photos and how I would do them).
I have been dreaming the different options that come to mind, so it is something that I will also be working on.

I am also working on planning my next project, which as you know, will be two protagonists.

Un abrazo y estamos en contacto :olympic:

A little time has passed,... and in the week new opportunities were given in my business with the acquisition of a new machine that will allow us to grow in markets that we were not serving as we wanted due to lack of capacity. Everything begins to take on new enthusiasm and vigor. :smilebowtie:

The breakthrough with my Lib is small, but entertaining.

I share the process to create the side windows of the cockpit.
On a sheet of paper, I copied the original pieces of the kit to size the windows.
You can observe two pieces of acetate of different thickness to evaluate the best option.

777.jpg

I decided on the widest piece to which I gave a good clean and polished. On the acetate I copied the silhouette to make the cut.

778.jpg
779.jpg

With the indicated color I made the frames of the windows and made the cuts to obtain the 4 windows.

780.jpg
781.jpg

With a bit of CA I have attached the windows down the bottom, to simulate that both are open.

782.jpg
783.jpg

It has been a bit tricky to get the windows into the cockpit, so I had to work with a straight-edged jeweler's file to create a "rail" where windows can be supported.

At this moment I am in the situation of having to lower a little the height of the windows because they are overflown and do not make a correct union.
I also have the dilemma of making the cockpit be with the windows united in one piece and this can be removed and put in order to be able to observe the detail of the interior.

We will see how it turns out and in what other details I can keep moving forward.
See you soon and hasta pronto chavales ... as Argentine friends say.

Saludos :thumbup:

Thank you very much for your comments. :thumbleft: :salute::thumbright:

So is it okay if I bring my B-24 kit and move in next door for a few months? Awesome!

You are welcome Robert to the neighborhood, would be very productive sessions of static modeling and military aviation.

We could invite other colleagues from the old continent.
Have several friends of the forum been imagined or gathered for some modeling session together?
The day when I really came to be rich would try it with great pleasure. :mrgreen:
For now, welcome to anyone planning a visit to the Gran Tenochtitlan !! (That is Mexico City in times of the Aztecs)

:thumbup:

This is a small improvement and I liked the process.

First I found these two images in the network, to locate the correct position of the main cable routing. (Interesting information) :!::!:

b24dantenna2.jpg
B-24DCOMMANDANTENNA1.jpg

This is the work for each point where the cable reaches the fuselage that comes from the vertical stabilizers of the tail. The same thing I did for the Marker Beacon Antenna posts, but these shorter in size.

784.jpg

784.1.jpg

The drilling in the correct positions.

786.jpg
787.jpg

With CA they were installed to the appropriate size:

788.jpg

789.jpg

790.jpg

To those little pins, I have to make them a little conical shape. I could not find again some images that I saw in the last days on the net, but it is a small white cone (I do not know if it is a piece of porcelain or some kind of hard plastic as an insulator ... someone who knows about this? ) That you can see in some photos of original aircrafts and it is noticeable that in some it is white that little cone.

I leave this image of how the "The Squaw" will go to sleep, to continue tomorrow (I hope I can spend some time working on her)

791.jpg

Saludos cordiales y hasta pronto!!

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

Nice work on those Luis-Carlos. I don't have an answer for you on those cones, sorry.

Do not worry Andy, thank you for your comment and we will surely learn from someone else in the group. Let's see if I can find these photos and share them.

Saludos amigo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back