Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work Luis! This is the conical insulator where the lead-in enters the fuselage, but not sure what it's made from.

ScreenShot004_zpsaf79dbc2.jpg

insulator1.jpg

insulator2.jpg

Wow Wow !!, Kirby you have done !!, there is no doubt that we are an extraordinary team where each gear forms an important part for the smooth operation of this formidable forum.
These are mainly the photos I saw.
What kind of material is this cone?

Saludos :salute:

The time that I can devote to my Lib is very little !!
This is what I could do in the past week !!, ... small steps, but moving !! :lookslikerain:

To mount the pitots was a little more complicated than I imagined, very rudimentary my system, but to achieve the parallel measurements between the pitots, the floor and direction of the wind, was complicated but interesting. I suffered more when I accidentally hit one of the pit two days later with the arm and had to repeat the maneuver.

792.jpg
793.jpg
794.jpg
795.jpg

Again face up, I finally placed the tail stand at the bottom of the fuselage with cyano and with Tamiya Cement the white piece of styrene that I then retouched blue.
Again, the quality of the photos is not good (I think at dawn, it's the same as my vision) :maskedsmile::signexclaim:

798.jpg

Then apply a pair of layers of matt lacquer with Tamiya Lacquer Thinner (approx 70/30)

796.jpg

797.jpg

... so I let her rest ...

799.jpg

I hope that this week I can finish this project and the photos I´ll share with you, be the last before showing the detail of "The Squaw" on the catwalk of "La Galería de SANCER"

Thank you for your visits and comments, see you soon ...

Luis Carlos :thumbup:
SANCER

Luis this liberator project has been a blast to watch progress and all the serious detail come alive. Cant wait to see it done. By the way i started on a 1/48 Monogram B-25 J hard nose . Keep the awesomeness up :)

Wow !, ... they have been a little turbulent days, but I can already apply the matt varnish to the top of the Lib (already completely varnished).
I rebuilt the base of the antenna cable from the rigth
stabilizer (which I probably removed during sanding ... and it is so small, I did not give it any importance).
The new side windows in the cockpit, too, have given me some trouble, but I think I'm getting ahead.
It gives me some courage to delay the thread; How slow and little I can keep moving, (I have some more photos of these advances ...)! But I definitely will not ruin it with any distraction, mistake or hurry to finish it ...

All the words of praise, support and camaraderie from you, are always welcome and I sincerely thank.

Muchas gracias Wojtek, Robert, Andy, Kirby, Terry, Huge, Brian, John y Wayne, ... se los agradezco mucho.
Saludos :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hello there my fellow visitors and friends.

Progress continues slow, but here are some details I want to share.

Based on actual photos and the B-24D's external lights Official list (post #373), there is a red light at the end of the left wing.
First with a small drop of cyano as a base on the surface, and with Micro Kristal Klear and a toothpick, I made the light with two passes, allowing the first to dry and give greater volume.

800.jpg
801.jpg
802.jpg

Once dry, I gave one more pass with cyano to fix the light and a little of its surroundings to the wing.

803.jpg

It was then when dry once, and apply with a thin brush Clear Red X-27 from Tamiya ...

804.jpg

I previously commented about the case of the left vertical rear stabilizer antenna cable support, let the photos tell you how I did it ...

805.jpg
806.jpg
807.jpg
808.jpg

At another time I share other small final details in the process.

Saludos :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back