Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you very much. :thumbleft:;):thumbright:

Briefly, the top turret is ready ...

816.jpg
817.jpg
818.jpg

A bit laborious, but with a little wit and MUCH PATIENCE, the side windows are ready ... :robot:

809.jpg
810.jpg

A piece of toothpick and a ball of Tak, were the support to give the direction and inclination to the rear window ...

811.jpg
812.jpg

... and the same process for mounting the sliding window ...

813.jpg

814.jpg

(This swab with the wet tip was useful for removing the excess of MKK)
:idea: What I'm thinking of doing is reinforcing the joining of the windows, applying a little cyano with a thin brush on the outline and after it has dried, paint by hand with the exterior color. :idea:

But it will be tomorrow, because now I'm laying the wires of the outside antennas. I upload the photos tomorrow.

815.jpg

Saludos con un fuerte apretón de manos!! :yinandyang:

:thumbup:

I am here again with all you.

Very funny was the installation of the cables of the antennas.

You know that since I resumed this hobby, one of the first techniques I met in my first consultations in the forum where I started, was to elaborate the cables of the antennas with threads of stockings and to put it into practice, I has made it in a simple way and the thickness of the cable I can define it with the number of threads that decide of each strand.

I have some nylon threads for fishing, but they do not have the ratio for this scale.

And just today I passed in front of a large sporting goods store and bought a 0.12mm fishing reel, it will serve me in the future, because my Lib already has its antenna cables installed: \\:D/

The support material wasTamiya tape, cyano, a small homemade applicator, and sharp-pointed scissors were sufficient to achieve this.

The Marker Beacon Antenna:

819.jpg
820.jpg
821.jpg

A little detail on how to mount the cables of the vertical rear stabilizers towards the fuselage:

822.jpg
823.jpg
824.jpg
825.jpg

I had to put a white background because it is so thin the cable, which is not easily distinguishable ...:magnifyglass:

826.jpg
827.jpg

Thus stayed "The Squaw" until the following advances.

828.jpg

I hope they continue enjoying it, I say goodbye for now and I send greetings to the place where they are.
:smilecolros:

See you soon. :thumbup:

Starting to really come alive now Luis :thumbright:

WOW Luis that is looking awesome buddy/. I am loving every bit of this build and the most excellent detail !!!! :)

Thanks Kirby and Brian we are getting closer and closer.

It has been pure motivation and inspiration each and every one of the comments of all those of you who have participated throughout this tour with The Squaw ...

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

There is a sentence that says: "There is no deadline that is not met or date that is not reached"

:sad10: I share with some nostalgia the last photographic series of my Lib in her workbench, before fulfilling the commitment to make present in "La Galería de SANCER", where there will be more images to see it.

829.jpg
830.jpg
831.jpg
832.jpg
833.jpg
834.jpg

The pleasant and a little long adventure that several of us share with my tenth model seems to have come to an end. [-(

"The Squad", legendary bomber that has some legend, several anecdotes and controversies, has been for me great learning, its history in particular.

The B-24 as a great bomber and crucial protagonist in the various Fronts during WWII, and even post-war.
The history about being the first model of heavy aircraft produced on-line at a production plant. It´s awesome to me.

The last panorama pic of where she was born:

835.jpg

I put myself at your orders for any doubt or comment on this thread at the time they are presented; Do not hesitate that I will give myself the time to answer what will arise in the future; As well as in each of my previous work tables of previous models.

Seguimos en contacto, saludos y gracias por acompañarme.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Luis Carlos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back