Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I like the appearance, and the repair was better than I expected, after the complications that arose.
The support and following of all of you really have been inspiration and enthusiasm to enjoy doing a nice job here. :salute:
Definitely in my Lib is the model where I had the best opportunity to learn, improvise and practice the wonderful and versatile of our beloved hobby.
Thank you colleagues and friends of the world. :smilecolros:

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

Post Data: Today I have roast beef in the house with family and friends :occasion5:, but I hope to give myself the time to advance something and share it (I already have the landing gear mounted on the wings !!) :mrgreen:

Last edited:
It has been a beginning of week with work in my business, and starts a second week in Mexico City with an environmental contingency plan that leaves almost two million cars per day (to reduce pollution levels - A measure exaggerated by the authority of the city -)
The cars have been able to circulate only two days a week !! This has generated many setbacks.

... reporting from the warm Mexico City :blob6:,
... Luis Carlos of the news channel to the world.

:thumbup:

Thanks for your comments Geo and Wayne. :thumbleft::thumbright:

So I marked with pencil and with a mini saw Tamiya thin I made the new lines of panels.

692.jpg
693.jpg
694.jpg
695.jpg

... I share some real photos of the bomb bay gates and the side detail ...

AA.jpg

AA2.jpg

AA3.jpg

AA1.1.jpg

And what I got with some black matte paintbrushes from Humbrol

696.jpg
697.jpg

... now to remove the closed gates (used for painting) and to mount those that will open the whole section.

... I'll be back... :thumbup:

:thumbright:

Here you are a couple of close up shots with the door structure seen ....

the external appearance

B24-Fuselage-4.JPG

The internal appearance

B24-Fuselage-3.jpg

door1.jpg

B24-Fuselage-1.jpg

B24-Fuselage-2.jpg

Last edited:
Extraordinary photos W !!
The last photo that you share, I also have it and I used it when I looked for the color of the interiors.
It's so small and thin that part of the side, but I think they're going to look good.

Muchas gracias (siempre oportunas tus fotos) :thumbup:

Good stuff.
Note that the lighter coloured 'stripe' on the bottom of each roller door, was intended to show if there was any 'creep' when the doors were closed. This 'creep' was the possibility / probability, of the doors not being closed properly after the bomb run, which could cause aerodynamic and fuel economy problems, with the 'stripes' being designed to be observed by other aircraft in the formation, and, on return to base, by the ground crew.
Due to the possible, and very common, build-up of fuel vapour in the bomb bays, once on the ground, the bomb bay shutter-type doors were normally cranked partially, or sometimes fully open, to allow fumes to disperse, as the fumes could very easily ignite due to static electricity, or a small spark, which could easily be generated by the 'making or breaking' of any simple switch in the aircraft.
When the doors were cycled to close, a crewman, very often the top turret gunner / engineer, had to physically check that there was no 'creep', where the doors might have either not closed fully, or perhaps had moved back up slightly due to slipstream pressure and, if there was movement, he had to then manually crank them into the desired position.
These stripes were normally white, or yellow, with yellow being more common on NMF aircraft, due to it being more visible against the bare metal, although both colours were used on painted aircraft.

Very interesting information Terry. :idea:

As many members of this forum, whose experience in military aeronautics WWII (... and any other in my case ...) is little or almost none, but we love modeling and we enjoy to continue learning, ... I feel privileged to be surrounded by so many formidable colleagues with accurate images and photographs, knowledge in the wide variety of military aviation and masters of static modeling.

Many thanks to everyone. =D> :notworthy: =D>

:thumbup:

I had not told you at the time, because the time would come to solve it; ... but when I was in the stage of sealing the openings with pieces of sponge and using the closed gates to paint the fuselage, ...:-s I slipped a metal clamp and detached one of the racks with its three pumps ... I decided to continue, as well keep the 3 bombs in a container, until the opportune moment. :dontknow:

698.jpg

But I did not remember that the top of the racks had come loose ... :confused4:

699.jpg

So with Tamiya extra thin cement and a pair of tweezers (with all possible care) I attached that piece again ...

700.jpg
701.jpg

That way I'll leave it until tomorrow and I can continue with the pumps, the floodgates and the central rail where the three lower lights and the antenna go.

Your comments are always welcome, have a relaxed and fun weekend. :hello1:

Saludos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back