Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As soon as possible I began with the repair of the gaps of this rugged section of the rear turret. :arrow:

With a toothpick apply super glue in the slot to fill those holes and immediately sprinkle the baking soda (which will make a very strong bond)

651.jpg

With a brush of long bristles I removed the excess of bicarbonate, and repeated the action in three sections to facilitate the whole operation.

652.jpg
653.jpg
654.jpg

At all times I was checking that the turret rotate with absolute freedom.
For the gap at the top, I was looking through my stock of styrene pieces, one that would fit well ...

655.jpg

... and with glue I fixed it in the best position.

656.jpg

... with a convex nail clippers and curved scissors, remove the excess once the glue has dried.
... with fine jeweler files and sandpaper I began to smooth ...

657.jpg

658.jpg

659.jpg

... I'll be right back and I'll continue ... :thumbup:

... so that gap was at the top ...

660.jpg

661.jpg

... now, to work on the repairs of the base of the turret, ... with pieces of tape I covered those details and lines of panels that could be damaged by the sanding.

662.jpg

... and in the same way with a fine file of jeweler and sandpaper sponges I tried to soften as best as possible that scar ...

663.jpg
664.jpg
665.jpg
666.jpg

I think I'm going to apply a light primer layer to review and be able to make corrections as needed; And then paint again. :dontknow:

On the other hand already apply future with brush in the trenches of the landing gear, the bottom of the cowlings and turbochargers. For washings and oils.

The panoramic ... :hello2:

667.jpg

That's all for now... :morning:

Hasta pronto amigos!! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Nice repair job Luis :thumbright:

You are very kind Kirby, I am happy to be able to solve these problems satisfactorily, ... I have had enough opportunities to practice and improve my skills (I alone have made my Lib a training champ ... :mrgreen: hahaha)
I send you greetings and good night from here.

:thumbup:

Hello
The masking has become something fun :?:, again, to apply a layer of primer ...

668.jpg

669.jpg
670.jpg
671.jpg

Well there was a certain lack of sanding and with the Primer I see it very clear (in the photo is not very noticeable).

In these "second" Primer applications to check results, I have really enjoyed using Mr.Surfacer 1200 and Tamiya Lacquer Thinner (50% - 50%) the result is a very smooth layer, in an almost white and matte color.

Well, I'll have to do a better job of improving what the Primer result showed. =;

I was thinking how to work at night with sanding; And it was when arranging a composure that I made to my daughter's glasses (it was a temporary repair), reinforcing the join of the two pieces with an epoxy plasticine, once dry with my Dremel and a "drill" emery, me I started smoothing the "gross" of my work ... :-&

672.jpg

The disc shape of the emery I used, has the width indicated to try to correct that tip of the badly sanded tail!
So I'll work on it later. \\:D/

The bottom of the wings, is already in the last detail. I gave them a wash with oils diluted in the same Lacquer Thinner of Tamiya ...

676.jpg
677.jpg
678.jpg
679.jpg

I will let them dry until tomorrow and I will try for the first time a new technique learned from a Mexican colleague in a video to make the fuel fumes. :-k

I will show you how it was that I tried. [-o<

Hasta pronto. :thumbup:

... I feel it was very effective to use that piece with my Dremel, given the characteristic of the scar that was still noticeable.
I did it with much care because I could exceed and never finish with so many repairs !!! :crazyeyes:

I gave her a good sanding with several sandpaper, because they were notorious even the marks of the previously sanded paint ...

673.jpg
674.jpg
675.jpg

The next layer of primer Primer was even more diluted and less layers to leave the surface as smooth as possible to apply the colors.

680.jpg

The pattern of paint I initially followed from the instructions at the tail end, is far from what the original planes were.
I took this opportunity to do it correctly ... :study:

These are part of the images I built on ...

681.jpg

... and apply the first color, ... the blue ...

682.jpg

... here I stayed last night, I hope I can continue moving forward today ...

Saludos y seguimos en contacto :thumbup:

Thanks again old friends :thumbright:, ... Hello Andy, your visit pleased me. :thumbleft:

Even if it's a little time I can dedicate, I'm glad I can have some continuity ... and that's something I should take advantage of.

I liked the appearance of the wings, after making the marks of smoke and heat left by the engines and turbochargers (I will assume for me, that was how the engines were seen after a long world tour of this legendary bomber).

684.jpg
685.jpg

What do you think? :whiteblindfold:

I still have the top slope, but I'm thinking of doing it, once I've glued the wings to the fuselage (for being the most visible part, I pretend to be as homogeneous as possible .... Think you're correct?) and for that, the landing gear must be fitted.

After a first try and have an error when I exceed a little paint and do not mask correctly ](*,); I waited until dried, cleaned and sanded the bug again, as well as changing and improving with Tamiya's elastic white tape and others the masking and - all recycled -

686.jpg

And to paint again, now with the US desert sand color.

687.jpg
688.jpg
689.jpg

... and so the bottom was, yes, with the correct way that the tip of the tail should be painted.

690.jpg
691.jpg

Now I will work on the floodgates of the bomb bay, the front landing gear; A wash of oils to the entire lower part of the fuselage and rear stabilizer.

Well, the work continues and I'm getting closer to seeing it concluded.

Patience patience... :shaking:

Saludos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back