Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With great pleasure I greet you my friends of plastic and aviation. :thumbleft: :salute: :thumbright:

A little more than a month without activity posting photos; between two weeks out of town for vacations and a lot of work on my return ... I could only comment on some forum posts. :|

These were the last photos before going on vacation, ... ready to polish the turret glass

636.jpg
637.jpg

And it was several days after I left giving time to detail, paint and leave finished the rear turret.

638.jpg
639.jpg
640.jpg
641.jpg

Some nights ago I started to see how to reassemble the turret with the piece I cut off the tail, and I have come across the problem that the three parts (fuselage, turret and tail piece) can only be joined with certain pressure, which makes it difficult to attach the tail piece to the fuselage ... it is a very complicated section to work comfortably in that joint, in addition to running the risk of leaving the turret fixed with the adhesive. :-s :-k

I have some options in mind, but first I will make some photos to share my situation, maybe you have some recommendations. :idea::idea::idea:

I continue with a certain workload and some pressure in my business, so I hope to be able to resume a certain rhythm with my Lib.
:director2:

I send you all a big hug wherever you are.

Saludos con aprecio :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Gracias por sus palabras mis amigos.
Wojtek, Kirby, Robert, Andy y John

Thank you for your kind words, a little movement was missing in this thread; Taking the following photos, I share them.

Saludos, :thumbup:

Hello again.
The landing gear was ready. :toothy7:

642.jpg
643.jpg

To attach the glue without affecting the mobility of the turret, the glue is only applied to the underside of the fuselage, without touching the turret.

644.jpg

Getting the join was not so difficult :ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:, only for a few seconds I held with both hands the pieces, until it was able to hold. I could verify that the turret turned without difficulty (I did it gently so as not to affect the newly joined pieces)

645.jpg

646.jpg

647.jpg

I will give it a minimum of one day to dry it perfectly; Then see how to solve the small cracks ...

648.jpg
649.jpg

:idea: I will do it with a mixture of cyanoacrylate with sodium bicarbonate, finely applied with a pin, without touching the internal rail where the turret rotates.

But that will be coming in the week. :mrgreen:

I leave with a panoramic ...

650.jpg

Have all of you an extraordinary week with modeling and great satisfactions.
:thumbup:

Muchos saludos
Luis Carlos

Good work Luis. I never thought of attaching the turret like that, I had planed to just glue it in a fixed position. Something to think about.

Thank you Glenn for your comment. I also thought that the turret would be fixed by excess glue inside or simply because that way I would decide. :-k
I could see the possibility of saving the mobility, slicing and sanding both, the rail of the two pieces of the tail, as well as the base of the turret that will run through the rail.
It was not necessary to use glue in the entire area to be joined, first only in the lower part of the joint, so that the two pieces remain in position without touching the turret.
It seems to have worked, ... after attending these fissures, I show you the results. Thanks again Glenn and everyone for being present.

Saludos amigos! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back