Cooking and Recipes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plan_D said:
I love spicy food. Random note of the day.
I've always wondered what 'spicy' is to the guys on the other side of the world

the lancaster kicks *** said:
yeah what i'm asking is is it still called dough when you're making buns? i say it is, she say it isn't...........

If she says it isn't. What is her term? If she's thinking about buns in the oven maybe she's politely telling you she's pregnant? That would put a stop to your model making days. Just think... 18 years of payments.:cry:

Always remember to wear your oven mitt.

Matt308 said:
If she says it isn't. What is her term? If she's thinking about buns in the oven maybe she's politely telling you she's pregnant? That would put a stop to your model making days. Just think... 18 years of payments.:cry:

Always remember to wear your oven mitt.

:lol:

I can not stop laughing now about that last part about the oven mitt!

Fried rice... the only thing i know how to make without help

get some of last nights old rice
and whatever u want
i personally put garlic, eggs and of course, the chili in my back yard
put the rice in a pan and just keep tossing it until everything is cooked
enjoy

OK I'll join in with my favorite fish dish
Pan fried Sea Bass with Blackberry shallots

30g butter
450g shallots cut into rings
2 glasses of red wine
2 teaspoons of demerara sugar
3 table spoons of Creme DE Cassis blackcurrent liquor
4 100-175 g sea bass fillets

In a pan melt half the butter and soften the shallots for 2-3 Min's.
Add red wine and 1 teaspoons of the sugar.
braise the shallots when the red wine has reduced by three quarters add the Creme DE Cassis reduce this just a tad, taste and if too sharp add some more sugar remove from heat and leave to cool (better flavour if left over night)
Season the sea bass fillets lightly flour the skins and brush with the remaining butter.
Heat a frying pan (medium heat) with a tablespoon of oil and place the fish skin side down don't shake the pan as you want to crisp up the skin cook for 4-5 Min's before turning and cook for 2 Min's more.
Meanwhile reheat the shallots.

Put the shallots on the plate with the sea bass on top and drizzle the cassis sauce around the sides. serve with new potatoes, spinach and for a treat home made Hollandaise Sauce.
A really nice dish for a dinner party as if the Cassis sauce is prepared the day before it only takes 30-40 minutes to make

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread

Back