Crimea River's Weekend Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

On the way back from the Flying Heritage Collection earlier this week, we stayed 2 nights in Kelowna, the heart of British Columbia's wine country and partook in a tour where we sampled a wide variety of excellent wines. I took a few pics of our ordeal with my iPhone showing the range of the facilities that dot the landscape here.

The Mission Hill winery is probably the largest and features some interesting architecture:

IMG_0340.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0356.JPG

On the other side of the spectrum is this small winery "Rollingdale" which had some very nice products despite the spartan digs.

IMG_0360.JPG

Nice shots Andy - and it just shows how far mobile 'phones have developed since the first 'bricks' in the early 1980's !

The forecast for today was clear, sunny, with a high of 24, which is spectacular fall weather for my area at this time of year. Sooooo I sent a quick courtesy email to my boss Sunday night that I would not be in the office today and I decided to "take a hike" so to speak.

The weather did not disappoint, though the day started out rather overcast and windy. With mountains though, things can change quickly and the clouds soon departed and the winds dies down. I did a solo hike, a relatively simple one of 310m elevation gain and 10km round trip to a locale called Chester Lake, and had lunch whilst sitting on the shore enjoying the beautiful landscape. The larches had turned completely yellow and were at their peak so the timing was perfect Here is a selection of shots, taken with my iPhone as I didn't feel like packing my big SLR.

IMG_0412 reduced.jpg
IMG_0415 reduced.jpg
IMG_0418 reduced.jpg
IMG_0422 reduced.jpg
IMG_0426 reduced.jpg

My view at lunch:

IMG_0428 reduced.jpg
IMG_0430 reduced.jpg

Panorama taken on the walk out.

IMG_0431 reduced.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Users who are viewing this thread