Dambusters to be remade

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi V2.

Did you know that Peter Jackson wanted to opt out the name "******" and replace it. Also, Weta Workshops is building 10 replica Lancaster bombers for the ground shots. Wonder who will be cast as W/Cdr Guy Gibson...??

Cheers.

James.

Are you sure about him wanting to change Gibsons' dogs name? Because everything I've read about this remake keeps saying that he wants to make it as authentic as possible. Still the 10 replica Lancs should make an awesome site on the ground together!

Wildcat said:
Are you sure about him wanting to change Gibsons' dogs name? Because everything I've read about this remake keeps saying that he wants to make it as authentic as possible. Still the 10 replica Lancs should make an awesome site on the ground together!
They certainly will. I did hear that the guy who really led it was "Chuck" Gibson Eagle Squadron driver brought in for the mission. They have assured everyone that there will be no Hollywood poetic licence.

Ali :lol: :lol:

They are going to hire syscom as there historical accuracy director and he will replace the Lancasters with B-24s because they were better suited for the job and will replace RAF pilots with USAAF pilots because that is just the way it should have been!

:lol:

I'd like to propose Lanc for Guy Gibson maybe Flyboy for McCarthy and I got a few possibilities for the Black Lab

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
They are going to hire syscom as there historical accuracy director and he will replace the Lancasters with B-24s because they were better suited for the job and will replace RAF pilots with USAAF pilots because that is just the way it should have been!

:lol:
Is anyone brave enough to start the "Why do Americans think they won the war for us" line of chat? :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Ali

Erich said:
actually it will be an Arnold Schwarzenegger tribute with him being the lead pilot and subs by all German actors/acressse's
You still have to wonder when the politically correct editors union will call the studio though. They will have had the correct amount of bran for breakfast (organic or course) polished up their sandles and made sure they have a clean pair of sock on to be down there and ready for it. A scarey prospect really....

Ali

i've always heard a lot of talk about this but this's the first i've heard of it actually going ahead, don't hold out much hope for this guys, there's every chance it wont be accurate and why make it anyway? to make money, so no doubt he'll try and make it a bit more interesting for the paying public, the original was made as more of a tribute to the men, remaking the film is like tearing down a statue to replace it with a digitally remastered statue if you get me, that being said it'll be interesting to see what they do with this and how much of a role PA474 will play... she is due to recieve a new paint scheme next season? a dambusters one perhaps? well, no, it wont be :lol: not only has she already carried a dambuster's code but she now has the upper turret so will be of little use to the film makers, to be honest i think i'd rather they didn't remake the film... but yes pB if they cast me as Gibson i will accept :lol:

and of they change the name n*gger that will be the biggest crime of all, and remember they can't just change the name of the dog, n*gger was also the callsign for a succesful breaching of the Moehner damn i believe it was........

Well from what I've read, Jackson intends on hiring an Englishman to write the sceneplay, so hopefully this will keep it historically acurate. As good as the original is, I for one am looking forward to the remake. I just hope the CGI Lancs are up to speed.

Hey Lanc.

Jackson is determined to make it is accurate as possible, read the links I gave. There has been a lot of local talk about this, and the surviving aircrew that I have spoken to at the RSA (Returned Servicemens Association, a damn fine bar for a beer and a chat) are stoked with the idea of their combined stories being told at last.

They all see that by the re-telling of this story, it will honour their comrades that didn't return from any mission throughout the war. And there were a load of Kiwi's in 617 for the mission itself.

Apart from that have a look at the "accurate" Memphis Belle" movie. It was originally a British production which was to be a story about G-George on her 100th mission.

The Japanese financial backers forced them to change to an American aircraft for commercial reasons.

At least Jackson and Weta productions are being honest to their own countries servicemen.

well time will tell with that one.......

but on to more pressing matters, what're they gonna do about the soundtrack? the original (attached below for your listening pleasure) is an absolute classic, are they just gonna use the some one because they'll have to summit damn special to beat it, although to be honest as it's a modern film it'll probably be more about the action and wont be very British so i don't think this theme tune would fit..........

Attachments

• dambusters.wav
    440.5 KB · Views: 104
Oh to be able to model the Lancaster with total disregard to poly numbers.... what joy for someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back