Dambusters to be remade

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the lancaster kicks *** said:
well time will tell with that one.......

but on to more pressing matters, what're they gonna do about the soundtrack? the original (attached below for your listening pleasure) is an absolute classic, are they just gonna use the some one because they'll have to summit damn special to beat it, although to be honest as it's a modern film it'll probably be more about the action and wont be very British so i don't think this theme tune would fit..........

The same, but hopefully more hardcore, with either Brian May or Yngwie Malmsteen doing it on guitar :lol:

Both overrated, Brian May especially. Jerry Cantrell, Tom Morello, Van Halen and Mike Mcready are just a few that are better.

Carl Doy from Kiwi Land.

Maybe Hammond Gamble, there is a Blues man extrodainaire.

What the heck is it with the music, is that the most important part, it should be the most impotent.

Brian May is a very talented guitar player. The Younger generation just cant hear the great sounds being made by people that actually played there guitars and instruments unlike the new **** that comes out today.

Best guitar players (and not in any order):

Kirk Hammett
Dimebag Darrell
Van Halen
Rhandy Rhoads
Brian May
Slash
Steve Vai
Marty Friedman (when he still played real music that is)
Richie Blackmore
Jimmy Page
Tony Iommi
Zack Wylde
Ace Frehley
Alex Lifeson
Jerry Cantrel
Neal Schon
K.K. Downing
Kerry King
Jimi Hendrix
Jeff Beck
Eric Clapton
B.B. King
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Carlos Santana
Max Cavelera
Jeff Hanneman
James Hetfield
Josh Homme
Scott Ian
Matthias Jabs
Andreas Kisser
George Lynch
Dave Mustaine
Rudolph Schenker
Adrian Smith
Dave Ball
Lindsey Buckingham
David Evans
David Gilmore
Buddy Holly
Mick Jones
Jone Kay
Robby Krieger
Mick Mars
Mike McCready
Ted Nugent
Les Paul
Joe Perry
Prince
Keith Richards
Richie Sambora
Joe Satriani
Pete Townshend
Mark Tremonti
Robin Trower
Angus Young
Neil Young

call me cynical but i doubt it'll be as good as the first, this'll be more about making it more interesting to make more money, the original was an educational tribute to the crews, i hope i'm proved wrong though..........

I agree with you 100% most remakes don't equal the originals the fx are better but CGI looks good but never looks real and as for the dog we could call him Afro

nicked from someone on the Great Planes forum

"from the Daily telegraph

Telegraph | News

The Dambusters will soar again to same theme tune
By Hugh Davies
(Filed: 09/12/2005)

Sir David Frost is to re-make the British classic The Dambusters, complete with the original Eric Coates music.

In the mid-1950s the black-and-white film, with its bouncing bomb sequence as Wing Commander Guy Gibson VC led his squadron of Lancaster bombers to attack the strategically vital Ruhr dams, was nominated for a special effects Oscar.

Sqn ldr John Searby, Guy Gibson and Peter Ward-Hunt

The post-war generation hailed it as a saga of stiff-upper-lip heroism. But it was also brilliantly spoofed in 1989 by Steve Frost and Mark Arden in a beer advertisement.

Critics acclaimed the performance of Richard Todd, now 86, who served with distinction as a paratrooper in the Second World War. He gave a sympathetic portrayal of Gibson, who had to release his bombs while flying at 220 mph at exactly 60 ft above water, 425 yards from the dam wall.

However, the actor is doubtful the new project will be a success. Although he decided to remain silent on the project yesterday at his home near Grantham, Lincs, a friend said: "His attitude is that there can never be another Dambusters."

Sir David agreed last night that "the original film was so good that it is a real challenge".

He added: "But at the same time, the response to the original film shows this is a highly popular subject and a highly popular theme. The challenge is to make it as good, or better, than the original.

"Heroism is an important quality in the film - a pure sort of heroism, not to be confused with the very staged forms of heroism today.

"It is of men who knew they had passed the average for survival, and still insisted on going back into the air, and Guy Gibson, alas, was killed [on a later mission]."

Sir David recalled first watching the movie "soon after it came out" at the Carlton cinema in Raunds, Northants, where his father was a Methodist minister.

He has bought the rights to a three-year option on the book by the late Paul Brickhill.

Sir David's company, Paradine Productions, is to produce the movie either with a studio or another investor.

It will be his ninth film. Others include Leadbelly, The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer, The Slipper and the Rose and Rogue Trader, with Ewan McGregor as Nick Leeson. Sir David said he was still uncertain about whether to include Gibson's dog, ******, in the film.

"The challenge is to work out what to call the dog, as the word ****** is not ideal for the modern world."

He envisioned "a new approach" to filming the bouncing bomb developed by the eccentric inventor Dr Barnes Wallis, who was originally played by Michael Redgrave, as well as depicting the Mohne, Eder and Sorpe dams, which were attacked.

"We shall have a bit more about the characters, about the private life of Guy Gibson and some of the key members of his team. We want to make it more three dimensional." The raid took place on the night of May 16, 1943, when 19 Lancasters of the specially formed 617 Squadron took off from Scampton in Lincolnshire. They breached the Mohne and Eder dams but eight bombers were lost and 53 crew killed.

More than 1,000 Germans died in the subsequent floods. Gibson was awarded the Victoria Cross for using his aircraft to draw enemy fire while his comrades attacked the Mohne.

Sir David said he had "two or three people in mind", all British, to play the lead roles. "And I guarantee that the theme music will remain."

He recalled a Millennium concert at which the music was played. "It was an obviously patriotic night, with Land of Hope and Glory, etc. But the one that had the audience almost wanting to salute was The Dambusters. It had a fantastic impact and it would be crazy for me to change it. We will re-record it with a classical orchestra."

man i'm listening to the Dambuster's theme as we sepak it's great! but yeah what happened to Jackson doing it? and they should keep the term ******, and also rather ammusingly i thought, on their dambuster's topic someone's quoted from our pages too, how ironic......

nevermind they've also said why Jackson aint doing it.........

"
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3662404a1860,00.html
Jackson bounces dam claim
09 May 2006
By TOM CARDY

Kiwi director Peter Jackson has dismissed a newspaper report that he is working on a $290 million remake of the classic World War II movie The Dam Busters.

Britain's Mail on Sunday reported that Jackson would work on the movie with Sir David Frost, who bought the rights last year to a book on the British air squadron that dropped bouncing bombs on German dams.

The article quoted an unnamed source as saying Jackson recently spent a day filming one of the last surviving Lancaster bombers in preparation for the remake of the 1954 British film and had met RAF veterans in New Zealand.

It also said Jackson's personal assistant, Matthew Dravitzki, would attend a Dam Busters reunion in Britain later this month.

But Mr Dravitzki said Jackson – a war buff who owns several World War I biplanes – had no plans to remake The Dam Busters, nor was he going to a reunion.

"We denied the story at the time but they've run with it anyway. It's just one of those continuing speculative things. Because of Peter's involvement in aviation and his involvement with the Aviation Heritage Centre in Omaka, people just tend to assume we are involved in an aviation movie. It is not the case. Peter will not be directing a remake of The Dam Busters."

Mr Dravitzki said Jackson's studios were busy being used for fantasy film The Waterhorse. While the director was always considering new projects, the only two confirmed were Halo this year – of which he is an executive producer – and directing The Lovely Bones next year.

Last year The New York Times apologised to Jackson after incorrectly reporting that he was making a film Wolf Totem, based on a Chinese novel.

Other rumours about Jackson war movies have included one based on the Anzacs at Gallipoli and a World War II zombie saga. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back