Defenders of Liberty (2nd BG history book) available nline in .pdf format!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

great link Roman thanks mate, just going to read about mission 263, which will be now even better for me having been to some of the crash sites

You´re right Karl, it´s a must read for you and Terry. Should you need some explanation to some of the crash sites just ask me, I´m here for ya. Perhaps I can send you some pic when you won´t know to which crash site belongs certain story...
Nice weekend!
Btw, leaving for Slavicin in few hours, leaving my wife in Zlin as she has to go to scholl today and tomorrow.
Today´s and tomorrow´s evening already planned- with Anton for beer to 'Talafa' pub (close to the roundabout).

Great link Roman, thanks! Coincidentally, I've just been looking at the Talafa pub on the satellite map of Slavicin! I was showing a friend where the pub was, the Zamak restaurant, and the hotel. Good, clear pics of all were found!
Have a great weekend in Slavicin, and say hello to Anton, and George if he'll be there.

wow that is incredibly kind of the association and the living vets to allow this to happen.....thanks, the 2nd bg besides the battle in your backyard Roman was encountered by the T/E Destroyers of II./ZG 1 many times, and of course I will have to view the pdf formats all through the wet fall/winter months and will make comments that can be passed onward to them for their benefit.

thank you

E ~

wow that is incredibly kind of the association and the living vets to allow this to happen.....thanks, the 2nd bg besides the battle in your backyard Roman was encountered by the T/E Destroyers of II./ZG 1 many times, and of course I will have to view the pdf formats all through the wet fall/winter months and will make comments that can be passed onward to them for their benefit.

thank you

E ~

O.K. Erich, go ahead and you can pass your comments directly on their historian, Todd Weiler. His e-mail address should be at their web, if not, just let me know.

Last edited:
Great link Roman, thanks! Coincidentally, I've just been looking at the Talafa pub on the satellite map of Slavicin! I was showing a friend where the pub was, the Zamak restaurant, and the hotel. Good, clear pics of all were found!
Have a great weekend in Slavicin, and say hello to Anton, and George if he'll be there.
Hi Terry,
Anton says hello as well and George wasn´t with us as he stayed in Brno. Man, what a funny weekend. Few beers don´t exist anymore:lol:

This is what I got from the 2nd BG vets assn.:

Dear 2nd BG Officers and Directors,

The "Defenders Of Liberty" is now available for online viewing. To check it out on the Second Bomb Group website, go to the "Books" webpage and click on the book cover for DOL. The PDF files contain all the photos of the published version and the text is also searchable using Adobe Acrobat. The book had to be divided into 50 page sections because of the large size of the PDF files. A huge thank you is owed to Matt Bryner and Loy Dickinson for helping get this done. The availability of DOL online helps to make the 2nd BG history more available to all and will help to answer questions from 2nd BG family members. Lew, Todd, and myself receive questions weekly, if not daily, from people who are searching for information about the WW2 service of their father, grandfather, brother, or uncle. The DOL will certainly help those people get answers to their questions.

Sid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back