Did you know....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You know, according to Dictionary.com "Yadda Yadda Yadda" is a word. :lol:

lesofprimus said:
Pussies like u who talk all this Anti-American crap are the most ungrateful bastards next to the French.....

Dear lesofprimus,
please explain to me,why are the French ungrateful bastards.
Iam a German and i proudly served 15 years in the Foreign legion.
And i cant remember that i was named a ungrateful bastard when i was decorated with the Bronze Star with "V" Device back in 1991.I also was decorated with the Army Commendation Medal in 1991,
I also cant remember seeing any french ungrateful bastards,when they visit the US War cemetaries in the Normandy,laying flowers to graves of US Soldiers they didnt even now.

Greetings from Germany
Kongo Otto

plan_D said:
Why the hell would you serve in the Foreign Legion?
Was sentenced to 2 years with parole as a 16 year old,so the German Armed Forces didnt want me.

Greetings from germany
Kongo Otto

PS: When i came back to Germany,i was sentenced again for 2 years with parole.Reason:serving for a foreign army.

I knew it was something to do with crime. I hear the Foreign Legion don't even allow criminals anymore...if that's true, I just don't see the point in them.

Depends on the crime PD. They'll turn a blind eye to an offence which merited a sentence like that. Also many different people serve in the Legion, for many different reasons. They are an elite fighting force. Try a week at on of their training 'farms' and you would see what I mean.

What's the use of them? The Legionnaires are great if you need to fight a little bush war in Chad or Djibouti and don't want to deal with the sons of La Belle France coming home in body-bags.

plan_D said:
I knew it was something to do with crime. I hear the Foreign Legion don't even allow criminals anymore...if that's true, I just don't see the point in them.
The first time is was busted it was for just 10 gramms weed.Today they allow 5 gramms for your personal use in germany.
They still take you with smaller charges.But they dont take the big criminals anymore,like murderers or rapists.

Greetings from Germany
Kongo Otto

Medvedya said:
Depends on the crime PD. They'll turn a blind eye to an offence which merited a sentence like that.

What's the use of them? The Legionnaires are great if you need to fight a little bush war in Chad or Djibouti and don't want to deal with the sons of La Belle France coming home in body-bags.

I was awarded with the Bronze Star with "V" Device shortly after Desert Storm.The French Name for it was "Operation Daguet".
But youre right i was also in Zaire,Rwanda,but also in Sarajevo and a few other little shit places around this planet.

Greetings from Germany
Kongo Otto

I once wathed a documentry about the Legionnaire training in French Guyana. They have an assault course in the middle of the jungle where on part of it they have to form a human pyramid to get themselves over this wall. They are expected to finish the whole course in twenty minutes!

I wasn't saying they were ALL crooks, a lot of them are though. Plus, the PAY is crap! Yeah, the Legion have been mecanaries for decades...it's all good.

Mercenaries...Urmm, it's a grey area. Like the Gurkhas. The Legionnaires are offered full French citizenship when they finish their term of service.

The Gurkhas are pure and simple British forces, without British citizenship - but they should be offered it. Where the British are, the Gurkhas are. And too right, they are some of the best troops we have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little-known segment of World War II history, featuring expatriate Polish pilots - Polish 303 Squadron.
The Kosciuszko Squadron is credited with shooting down 126 German planes in six weeks of combat ( during the Battle of Britain ), more "kills" than were credited to any other squadron attached to the RAF during that same period. Nine of the Kosciuszko Squadron pilots become aces, and five were awarded the RAF's Distinguished Flying Cross.
Question of Honor - The Kosciuszko Squadron: Forgotten Heroes of World War II by Lynne Olson and Stanley Cloud

We all knew that. And do you know why they were the highest scoring Squadron in the BoB? Because they were guarding London. Got the most action, not to take anything away from the Poles, 'cos they were great pilots. Just making sure that no one thinks they were better than RAF pilots or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back