Display Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I did some research and found Bravo Delta Models. They are allowing me to sell their WWII aircraft on my storefront. A little pricey, but they are well crafted.

Glad I could point you in the direction of Bravo Delta. As you say they are pricey but they are little beauties and very tactile to handle. I very nearly got my card out last year and ordered the Vickers Valiant but £289.00 was too much when I could get the Airfix kit for £42.00.

Its built and painted anti flash white with the anti flash pink/grey roundels but I havent got round to fitting the cockpit canopy, bomb doors or the Red Herald Target Marker device. Target Marker was the British euphemism for a free fall Nuclear bomb. This is the plane I am using as inspiration.

Valiant.jpg

Its built and painted anti flash white with the anti flash pink/grey roundels but I havent got round to fitting the cockpit canopy, bomb doors or the Red Herald Target Marker device. Target Marker was the British euphemism for a free fall Nuclear bomb. This is the plane I am using as inspiration.

View attachment 309300 .
Forgive my ignorance, but is anti-flash paint the same thing as flat paints?

Forgive my ignorance, but is anti-flash paint the same thing as flat paints?

Anti Flash was a brilliant reflective paint with a very high content of Titanium Oxide meant to reflect some of the heat from an airburst. The pale pink and blue roundels and numbers were the same apparently tests showed Thermal Radiation could burn the fuselage underneath the normal Blue and Red of a standard roundel. It weathered quickly attracting dirt like a magnet so as soon as the V Bomber force became a low level tactical force the standard Green and Grey with grey undersides was adopted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back