Display Models (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I recently opened my storefront where I sell WWII aviation display models and I wanted to learn more about the type of models enthusiast are buying. I am talking about pre-made like Corgi, and Easy Model, etc.. I know that there are many different brands that I am not aware of, so I was curious to find out what is popular. I, like many others, lack the space, time and talent to build my own right now. I did not find much mentioned about display models in the forum, so I thought I would start a thread.

One of the first things you need to find out is the scale that sells best. If someone wants ONE model, it might be OK to have one 1 meter long. But if they want to display 40 of them, then maybe 1 : 72 or 1 : 48 would be best.

Good luck!

Thanks fastmongrel, I checked out Hobby Master's website and The Bravo Delta models as well. I will add them to my list of items to pursue in the future. As far as scale GregP, I will sell anything related to WWII. At least that is my intention. I do like Hobby Master's airplanes as far as detail goes.

One of the first things you need to find out is the scale that sells best. If someone wants ONE model, it might be OK to have one 1 meter long. But if they want to display 40 of them, then maybe 1 : 72 or 1 : 48 would be best.

Good luck!

As a kid I built several bombers and a s--tload of fighters in 1:72! Less acreage and money required to build my air forces!

Cheers,
Biff

I had a better solution when I was a kid. Space wasn't that big of a problem, because I would tie fishing string to the wing tip and tail, lite it on fire and twirl it around. That was cool! Nothing like the sound of hot plastic dripping from the wings when you pick it up with a stick and let it drip!

I used to stuff the tail with cotton wool soaked in lighter fuel. Light and launch from the balcony of our 6th floor flat. At night they made a lovely sight till a gust of wind carried a flaming model onto the roof of a neighbours car. My Dad whacked my backside till it was redder than a Baboons backside.

I used to love to make battle fields mined with "lady finger" firecrackers (real small fireworks ) and manned with HO scale soldiers and airfix tanks. then light the fireworks and toss some in some like artillery. if you broke the firecrackers in half and lit them they would act like flame throwers....add a little lighter fluid and you have a fun afternoon...lol although I wish I had those toy soldiers and all the tank and plane models I burned...

Interesting. Probably a waste of lumber and metal, but interesting.

You'd get almost the same from just shooting the explosive itself, but probably a bigger dust cloud from the barn site since it would be uncontained. Love to do it on a remote desert island somewhere.

about $13 a pound...you can probably find it cheaper. you can always do better if you buy in bulk..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back