Do we have anyone living in Russia on here?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ollieholmes

Airman 1st Class
Oct 18, 2005
Bedfordshire, England
I am looking for someone who lives in Russia with an interest in aviation who can help me track down Hawker Hurricanes in Russia.

Я смотрю для кто-то живет в России с интересом в авиации может помочь мне отслеживать вниз ураганы лоточницы в России.

I dont speek Russian, online translators help.
Speek русское, online помощь dont iego переводчиков.

Nyet, nyet! Ya ne Rooski, ya Anglichanyen f'Bristolye!

Hawker Hurricanes? Well, as far as I know they dragged one out of a lake on the Kola Peninsular in amazing condition. I understand they're going to restore it to flying status, and I imagine it will appear at airshows over there.

There is also the Russian Federation Air Force Museum in Monino which is outside Moscow, which apparantly has two Lend-Lease Hurricanes exibited there.

Medvedya said:
Nyet, nyet! Ya ne Rooski, ya Anglichanyen f'Bristolye!

Hawker Hurricanes? Well, as far as I know they dragged one out of a lake on the Kola Peninsular in amazing condition. I understand they're going to restore it to flying status, and I imagine it will appear at airshows over there.

There is also the Russian Federation Air Force Museum in Monino which is outside Moscow, which apparantly has two Lend-Lease Hurricanes exibited there.

I have those 2 on my list, i also have several others now.

I was hoping i could get in contact with someone out there that could confirm their condition and possibly provide photos. No, i am not doing a survivors list, i am doing something different. Just as part of it i am trying to locate as many survivors as i can.
At the moment i am only looking at ones that fly or are under restoration to fly but i will soon be moving into the museam examples.

http://www.airforce.ru/history/ww2/golodnikov/part1.htm

there're memoiries of a russian navy hurricane pilot, it's all in cyrillic but there're also some photos the hurricane II with soviet markings.
I had also somewhere a list of soviet air squadrons equipped with the hurricanes and tomahawks, mainly in the baltic, Murmansk and Leningrad area, but can't find it right now :(
Hopefully my English is still readable, haven't wrote since centuries

I think there is a russian translation to english somewhere on the web. Not having the fogiest notion of cyrillic, I don't know what that said. But the pics look familiar.

Your english is good enough to read. Decent to good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back