Do we have anyone living in Russia on here?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ollieholmes

Airman 1st Class
Oct 18, 2005
Bedfordshire, England
I am looking for someone who lives in Russia with an interest in aviation who can help me track down Hawker Hurricanes in Russia.

Я смотрю для кто-то живет в России с интересом в авиации может помочь мне отслеживать вниз ураганы лоточницы в России.

I dont speek Russian, online translators help.
Speek русское, online помощь dont iego переводчиков.

Nyet, nyet! Ya ne Rooski, ya Anglichanyen f'Bristolye!

Hawker Hurricanes? Well, as far as I know they dragged one out of a lake on the Kola Peninsular in amazing condition. I understand they're going to restore it to flying status, and I imagine it will appear at airshows over there.

There is also the Russian Federation Air Force Museum in Monino which is outside Moscow, which apparantly has two Lend-Lease Hurricanes exibited there.

I have those 2 on my list, i also have several others now.

I was hoping i could get in contact with someone out there that could confirm their condition and possibly provide photos. No, i am not doing a survivors list, i am doing something different. Just as part of it i am trying to locate as many survivors as i can.
At the moment i am only looking at ones that fly or are under restoration to fly but i will soon be moving into the museam examples.

http://www.airforce.ru/history/ww2/golodnikov/part1.htm

there're memoiries of a russian navy hurricane pilot, it's all in cyrillic but there're also some photos the hurricane II with soviet markings.
I had also somewhere a list of soviet air squadrons equipped with the hurricanes and tomahawks, mainly in the baltic, Murmansk and Leningrad area, but can't find it right now
Hopefully my English is still readable, haven't wrote since centuries

I think there is a russian translation to english somewhere on the web. Not having the fogiest notion of cyrillic, I don't know what that said. But the pics look familiar.

Your english is good enough to read. Decent to good.

Users who are viewing this thread