Do you have this decal sheet????? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
Do you have this 1/72nd decal sheet????
If so, do you plan on using the bottom right corner portion for Clifford Jolly and the Jolly Roger along with the Sqn insignia of the indian head?????

I went and got a sheet in 1/48th for this plane but found they are too big for the Mustang

I would be interested in them to complete my 1/48th P-51 which includes these markings......
and forever in your debt....... he says grovelling!

Bill

Attachments

• 72-079.jpg
    72-079.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 160
Don't hold your hopes up but it looks familiar to me. I may have it. 1/72, right? Give me a day or two. Its part of the house that isn't unpacked yet.

Yep, 1/72. The model is 1/48, but I need the smaller images.
I do have one at 1/48 but they are just too big for the side of a Mustang.

Attachments

• BB 3.jpg
    BB 3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 162
  • BB 4.jpg
    BB 4.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 161
After reading your question, I just noticed the background on the mustang is white. But I would take the squadron black!

I see. If the background is the wite applied on the plane you don't need it in these markings. And you may try to print these emblems on a clear decal sheet.

Yes that's true. But the main problem with the white decal sheets is that you have to cut out the entire markings very precisely. If you don't do it you can get the white outline. Sometimes it is better to use the clear decal sheets and apply some of the white colour at the marking area. In the case of the P-51 , the white has already been applied and there is no need to complicate. Especially the most of home printers and graphic programs don't use the white colour that is a clear one in fact.

Last edited:
Missunderstood........................ no way am I gonna try and be a decal printer as well................
too many bloody irons in too many bloody fires.

It is just for my own cabinet after all.

Could you post the decal sheet again but without the red colour? Also it would be fine if the image was of hi-res ( 320 DPI or more )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back