Dogfight 25.2. 2015 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Detvan

Recruit
May 22, 2016
Hello,

I am new here, but i have lot of quetions. For the start i say some short story.
On the 25.februar 1945 was offensive of red army in the direction Detva – Zvolen – Banska Bystrica(In Slovakia – that time Czechoslovakia). Around 14:00h took off two romanian pilots from airfield in Lucenec – adjutant Traian Darjan and capitan Constantin Cantacuzino (They were from 9.fighter group of ARR.). Over Zvolen they found german Fw-190s which were attacking soviet infantry. Constantin Cantacuzino shot down one of them. Pilot of machine was gefreiter Hermann Heim from I/SG 2. When they were finding wreck of Fw-190 to confirm vyctory, they lost careless and were attacked by german Bf-109s. First downed pilot was Traian Darjan who was victim of german ace from JG 53 hauptmann Helmut Lipfert. Then was downed Cantacuzino too, but by unknown german pilot.
My questions:

Who downed Cantacuzino?

Where can I find some biographical informations about Hermann Heim?

Who was Rudolf Mrkva?

What was the emblem of I/SG2?

Where I can found some mission reports from that days?

My last request: If you got any informations, web-sites, books, forums, pictures, photographs, memoirs, contacts or anything other what could help me, please post it there or send here: [email protected] . To pictures or photos I need sources or contact to owners if it is possible.

I will be thankfull for any answer.

Looks like you've got some pretty good responses to the same question at 12 o'clock high.
Yes I have there some responses, but I still don´t now answer on main question: Who downed Cantacuzino? I need informations about this specific fight. I know about that sovie Yak´s and there was other fight LW vs. ARR but I need inforations about Lipfert, Cantacuzino, Darjan, Heim and unknown pilot.
It may happen that you can find my posts with this theme on other forums - I am doing research and every help is welcomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back