**** DONE: 1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Bruce, and yes it was.

Got a small start on the wings, nothing to really show yet. It comes with two versions of cowling for the top part. One is basically flat on top while the other is slightly humped. Which one would be best? I think (and I'm certainly no expert on the Spitfire) that both were used on VIIIs, but I'm not sure. I know it's due to a different version of the Merlin though.

We need pics Cory looking forward to your build.

It is a beauty Wayne, and I shot you a PM.

Well, my canopy cracked while masking! I have ordered another one so no real catastrophe there but certainly annoying. I will spray the interior green today so I can actually make progress.

Pm received here are the pics of the different assembly instructions for the Mk.VIII, so you can see what parts are necessary, dont know if they are included in the Mk.IX or not?

Attachments

• Mk.VIII_Tail Sections_1.jpg
    Mk.VIII_Tail Sections_1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Mk.VIII_Tail Sections_2.jpg
    Mk.VIII_Tail Sections_2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Mk.VIII_Tail Sections_3.jpg
    Mk.VIII_Tail Sections_3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 108
Probably not a whole lot Vic, just need to make some minor changes as for basically everything there's an optional piece that works nicely. Plus, as Wayne's thread points out, it's got just about everything.

Well, canopy is sorted. Don't have it yet of course but I'll be able to get it quite easily, and the main parts distributor is working it so I don't have to pay shipping which is more than the part cost itself. Done ball hockey until Monday so I'll have some progress today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back