**** DONE: 1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1/32 Mk VIII Spitfire Mk. VIII, JF835 UM-T, 152 Squadron - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB
Username: Catch22
First name: Cory
Category: Beginner
Scale: 1/32
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Model Type: Spifire Mk IX
Aftermarket addons: BarracudaCals decals.

Now to start off, I had been talking to my dad about building a Tamiya Mk VIII with these markings after I found the sheet. Before I was able to get to a hobby store my dad came home with one for me, yesterday. :confused: :lol: Not really what I expected, but I'm not going to complain! That said, he got me a Mk IX kit, not the VIII, but I wasn't about to announce it was the wrong one of course after he was so nice. As far as I can tell, I can make a proper VIII without any issue minus the retractable tail wheel, as it comes with alternate parts for many of the areas of difference, as well as the pointed rudder. It's also kind of weird because I didn't even realize there was a Spit build right now and I just got it yesterday. Oddly enough this will somehow be my first Spitfire. :oops:

MkVIII.png

The extent of the info I have is what apparently comes with the decal sheet, which hasn't arrived yet. I also haven't seen any photos of the plane or the pilot. Always wanted to do a 152 Spit, so when I saw this sheet, flown by a Canadian with the Maple Leaf I felt like I had to do it.

152 Squadron RAF. SEAC. Flown by Flying Officer Paul "Gus" Ardeline.
Sinthe Airstrip, Burma, 1945
Ardeline, a Canadian, shot down a Dinah on 24th September 1944 while flying this aircraft. Finished in a Dark Green and Dark Earth tight soft-edged uppersurface camo over Medium Sea Grey. Spinner in white with yellow tipped black prop blades. Note green maple leaf on fuselage roundels and lack of white theatre bands. Very heavily weathered with prominent lead deposit staining from exhausts.

Should be able to get this one done in time with it being summer thus I can consistently paint. Only real time off is when I'll be in Hamilton for the airshow for a week, but otherwise I'll be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one Cory. Gerry is building this kit right now as well. Nice of your Dad to get it for you - a few lawn mowings in your future!

Crikey Cory, what a buzz from the old man and how timely could that have been. Great kit an good to see you not only back in the loop but also in the GB

A picture with the UMoT Spitfire Mk.VIII seen partially. The image source the Internet.

152_m33.jpg

ALso another Spitfire of the 152nd RAAF Squadron...

mk_8_group2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back