**** DONE: 1/48 Arado Ar234B-2 - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. I'm not sure I'll be able to work with the wires though. The fishing line, once CA is applied s that it doesn't unravel, is extremely stiff and it's all going to need to make a very tight bend. Ideally, I would have used metallic wire but I have nothing that scales to the small diameter needed. The fishing line is 0.1mm and my thinnest wire is 0.3mm.

Thanks guys. Yep, Paul, just found some that should work. If I don't get the above to work I'll strip it all out and use the speaker wire.

Boy Andy just love that pit work thus far ;) You can sure tell your improvement over the years good on ya :thumbright:

Awesome job on the innards Andy. Several post ago, you mentioned that you punched out the dials from the decals. I'm thinking about purchasing a punch set for this purpose and was curious...which set would be better, the micro punch or the standard punch set. Thanks for your input.

Geo

Fishing line! As I slap my forehead....... does it come in red????? I need red spark plug wires for Merlin's Magic.....

Speaking of Magic..... this is a prime example!

Bill, if it's the 1/32nd scale MM, then strip some telephone cable. It's made up of a fair number of very fine, coloured wires, including red - ideal for plug leads.

Yeah, I've given up on using this stuff for wiring that needs to be bent as in a bundle as it's too stiff. Paul's idea of using speaker wire was a good one. I ended up ripping out all the wire I did and started over using the new material. Pics later tonight.

It's later now.

The fishing line wiring has now all been replaced with speaker wire which now can be easily bent. My concern was that this whole instrument will be supported on a flimsy frame from the clear nose cone and the wiring will need to be bent 90 degrees so it can not have any spring in it. The speaker wire will keep it's shape. Thanks for your interest guys.

13022201.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back