**** DONE: 1/48 Arado Ar234B-2 - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Love the bomb sight Andy, and nice work to date.
As for the seat cushion, I'd guess it would depend on the type of parachute worn - if the seat pan is dished, it could be for a seat-type parachute pack, or it could be for a dinghy. However, if the seat back is at least semi-dished, or recessed, then it's probable that a back-pack parachute was used, as on the FW 190. In this instance, and considering the aircraft operated mainly over land, a cushion was probably used in the seat pan, again as on the FW 190, where it would be considered that a life-jacket would be sufficient in the event of a pilot landing in a river or lake after bailing out - assuming he survived the bail out that is!

Really nice work on the bombsight Andy.

Thanks guys. Like Terry, I've had a bad week for sleep so am laying off the detail work for a bit. Long weekend coming up so hopefully I'll make a dent in this build then.

Terry, no need to dig for that chute info as the cushion is in there tight and it's gonna stay there. Some extra thin CA wicked in under the Milliput when I got the stuff too close for a slight adjustment on the backrest.

OK Andy, no problem. I actually have doubts if it was possible to make a successful bail out from that aircraft, so there's a chance that parachutes were left in the locker room!

Thanks Charles.

Terry, I tend to agree. Need to do a bit more reading on this rig and figure out the bail-out thing. I suspect a large chunk of the upper canopy could be blown away to facilitate exit. A definite prime candidate for an ejection seat.

Wanted to post this short update before I launch into some further scratch work. You'll see that I've transferred some of the instruments from the kit decals onto the right console. The first two (at the front) disintegrated so I sprayed the decal sheet with a sealer before tackling the rest and, as you can see, these went OK. There will be more detail work on this console to come.

13021601.jpg

On the left console, the throttle quadrant as currently shown will be modified to add some scratch build levers that will protrude further. Also, behind the throttles are two fuel cocks that will need to be modified.

13021602.jpg

Talk to you later.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back