**** DONE: 1/48 Arado Ar234B-2 - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.

Terry, I agree with you on the spray and bought it with my first decal kit, not knowing any better. I'm likely not going to get another can of it but rather go with something like what you've described.

Here are a couple of shots after I sprayed the model with a mix of Future and Tamiya Flat Base, just enough to leave a bit of a sheen. Sorry for the quality of the pics - shook it a bit.

13052301.jpg

13052302.jpg

13052303.jpg

13052304.jpg

Next will be to spray the rough winter camo. Profiles and the Hasegawa instructions indicate an oversray of thin RLM 76 but I'm looking at pictures and wondering if in fact it was the white temporary paint. Any learned opinion would be welcome.

Not learned, but if sprayed, could be 76 Andy, as I don't think the White distemper would mix well in the airbrush (- ?)

If no-one can prove either way, you could just lighten the 76 right down to cover both options...

Great work btw, almost a shame to cover it!

Snow cam is on. I emulated the pattern on all of my reference photos as best I could.

Some of the rivet decals on the canopy pulled off with the tape but this is not a problem as I made extras.

13052501.jpg

13052502.jpg

13052503.jpg

13052504.jpg

13052505.jpg

13052506.jpg

The rear engine panels were painted with a Model Master Metalizer paint. Apparently, Alclad II paints are getting harder to get in Canada.

13052507.jpg

Thanks for looking in guys. Down to the fiddley bits now and it's looking good to get done for the model show next Saturday.

Doesn't appear to be any on top from photos Paul. Hasegawa's instructions show a bit on the fuselage top but with a close look at the photos, I believe the camo stops on the vertical surface. Tailplanes are possible though as the crews would have needed a ladder to get to the fin and, why not do the tailplane while you're at it?

Thanks for the comments guys,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back