**** DONE: 1/48 Arado Ar234B-2 - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No, no, no - it was the hurried painting, with Ersatz paint, by stressed-out Luftwaffe ground crew back in 1945 ...... that's why the markings look so authentic for the period!
And yes, I have a First Class Honours Degree in BS !!!

No, no, no - it was the hurried painting, with Ersatz paint, by stressed-out Luftwaffe ground crew back in 1945 ...... that's why the markings look so authentic for the period!
And yes, I have a First Class Honours Degree in BS !!!
Worth a try!

Thanks guys. Nose down and tongue out, working on the fiddley bits:

Cut off the kit's thick D/F loop and made my own with wine bottle foil:

13052702.jpg

Started work on the hatch which will be posed open. The clear piece is from Terry's vac formed canopy that he graciously sent me. It's the only piece of this I ended up using. There are 4 strips of plastic card stuck to the tape and painted which will form the interior frame.

13052701.jpg

Here's the interior frame glued in place:

13052703.jpg

Next step is to flip this over, apply some silver paint edging, and apply some more rivet decals to complete the hatch. More to come....

Love the freehand paint job and very jealous about the golf. First diagnosis 2 weeks ago was tendonitis in my right forearm. I'm gonna hit the driving range this weekend to see if it's worth buying green fees this year.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back