**** DONE: 1/48 Bf109F-4 J.Steinhoff - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No, I can't hold a candle to Wayne's stuff, especially when it gets to my weakest part - painting. But thanks for the compliment anyway Brooks. Nice of you to say.

Last edited:
Damn Engineers!always figuring out a way to use a tool the for what it was not intended for :) Looking good Sir ;)

Some nice work there Andy, and good lateral thinking using that socket. I've also noticed the slightly heavy, sharp ribs on this kits' control surfaces but, as you've discovered, they're easily rectified.

Thanks all. The other thing about ICM kits is their relatively soft plastic. Nice to work with (makes for easy and quick sanding) but easily damaged too.

Thanks Wojtek, Wayne, means a lot to me.

As I always like to learn something, I have a question: I've often heard about peculiarities of paint work by certain factories. This plane, WNr 13144, would have been produced in early '42 at Wiener Neustädter Flugzeugwerke. Would there be a factory-distinguishing feature of the camouflage?

Got to give it to you Andy, you have lessons and useful tricks coming out all the time teaching us all to open our minds to ways and means.

A joy to see.

Thanks Wojtek, Wayne, means a lot to me.

As I always like to learn something, I have a question: I've often heard about peculiarities of paint work by certain factories. This plane, WNr 13144, would have been produced in early '42 at Wiener Neustädter Flugzeugwerke. Would there be a factory-distinguishing feature of the camouflage?

I'm sure there probably is Andy, WNF, Mtt and Erla can be distinguished on latter 109G's by their camo on wings and fuselages....haven't thought much about F's will have to look further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back