**** DONE: 1/48 Bf109F-4 J.Steinhoff - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wojtek, Wayne, means a lot to me.

As I always like to learn something, I have a question: I've often heard about peculiarities of paint work by certain factories. This plane, WNr 13144, would have been produced in early '42 at Wiener Neustädter Flugzeugwerke. Would there be a factory-distinguishing feature of the camouflage?

Could well believe it Andy. I also only have photos of a WNF 'G' in 'typical scheme for the factory', only pic of WNF F's is in production sans paint.

Thanks Evan, appreciate you looking.

Here are 5 shots of the model as it looks today, much of the work having been spent this weekend on sanding and scribing. An initial spray of primer has gone on the joints to look for defects of which there are a few.

Overall shot:

110401 5.jpg

The underside. The oil cooler flap was opened up and the panel line that runs down the centerline between the radiators was moved as it was molded about 1.5mm off center. There's a little nick at the back of that line that needs to be cleaned up and yiou can still see a bit of the original line at the front. (I didn't see it before this picture was taken!)

110401 1.jpg

Upper panel lines rescribed after sanding. Turned out OK.

110401 2.jpg

Port wing joint scribed line needs a little work as it came out uneven.

110401 3.jpg

The starboard joint - much better.

110401 4.jpg

Thanks for looking guys.

Thanks guys. Unfortunatley nothing to show since last time.

I'll be away from this project for about 10 days as I'll be travelling to visit family in the Toronto area so no updates till about the 15th. See you then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back