**** DONE: 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter VIF - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok after plenty of searching for references and also decal code letters of the correct size and failing o find either, i have changed subject for this build.

I will now do an aircraft from 307 sqn Polish.

I will depict X8005 EW R, crewd by Cpt Gerard Ranoszek and S/Sgt Jerzy Trzaskowsi in which they gained 4 victories.

X8005.jpg

307_4.jpg

Last edited:
Cpt. Gerard Ranoszek of the 307th Squadron , RAF airbase Clyst Honiton.

Beau_307sqdn.jpg

And here the EW-R in the old livery ...

Beau_307Sqdn_1.jpg

Good one Karl. How come you couldn't find the code letter decals ?
That said, I think some of mine are from 'Tally Ho', and no longer either in production, or available, although I think I saw some on e-bay recently.
Let me know what letters, and sizes, you need for both, and I'll see if I have some spare. I've got the 8 inch black serial decals, and two sizes of Dull Red code letters.

Good one Karl. How come you couldn't find the code letter decals ?
That said, I think some of mine are from 'Tally Ho', and no longer either in production, or available, although I think I saw some on e-bay recently.
Let me know what letters, and sizes, you need for both, and I'll see if I have some spare. I've got the 8 inch black serial decals, and two sizes of Dull Red code letters.

I need 36" dull red letters and can only find 48" ones.
I did think about using 1/72 scale 48" codes but i think they will be too thin for 6" wide strokes.
1/72 scale would be about 2mm smaller than needed but could've been acceptable but would only scale out to approx 3" thick !

Decals for EW R are easily available and only £5.00 so easy choice !

Ah, I understand now.
Hope you get what you need, but if you have problems, let me know and I'll see if I have something to fit.
One thing with the Techmod decals Wojtek warned me about - apparently they can break-up when slid off the paper, so a coat of clear varnish, before use, might be a good idea. I've go some of theirs for the Do-17 and Ju-88, and I'll be spraying them with Vallejo clear gloss varnish, from an artist's aerosol can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back