**** DONE: 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter VIF - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well i made it home !

so today i addressed the tail planes.

first removed the moulded on triangle from the upper surface with a chisel shaped blade in my scalpel.
DSCF0008.JPG

i then tackled the dihedral, now i worried about this how could i make the kit supplied tail planes lose their dihedral angle and sit flat ?
i thought about swapping them over but that didnt quiet look right and left a big gap to fill.
not having the finess of the master builders on the forum i returned to my Para training, what would cpl Dallas do ?
thus i glued the halves together added glue to the line where the dihedral started to soften the plastic and applied focused brute force and bent them straight, easy !

DSCF0009.JPG
DSCF0010.JPG

so here is the wings attached and i now i am off to clean up the tail planes a bit before i attach them for good and apply a thin bead of filler to their joints, i will then scratch some actuator arms to replace those i shaved off and also attach the rudder.

DSCF0011.JPG
DSCF0012.JPG

thanks for looking in

Nicely done old boy, and good to see the gentle touch of Para finesse still works - if it won't bend, force the b***ard !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back