**** DONE: 1/48 Canberra PR.9 - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok Fathers Day got me a few hours modelling time, so did some masking and then finished the upper surface colour....more masking and the lower surface grey was completed too followed by a gloss coat to the upper surfaces only at this point.

Attachments

• 57_Grey lower surface_2792.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 58_Gloss Coat_2794.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 69
Beauty !
I'd love to see a 'Cranberry' flying again, when they turn, that wing looks massive. There's one on the UK airshow circuit, but I haven't had a chance to see it yet.

Now, I continue on but at this point am not going to be finished Sunday night, plenty on my plate...still not done on the decals yet but have a fair few in place as you can see, but plenty of the fiddly stuff still to do and more painting etc, etc...as Bill would say "I soldier on...

Attachments

• 59_Decals-Stbd_2803.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 59_Port-Decals_2805.jpg
    677.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 60_Fuselage Decals_2807.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 61_Rear Fuselage_2808.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 73
Nice !
Must have been a bummer of a job sitting all closed-up in the nose ! Just imagine a young lad, dreaming of wanting to fly - he eventually gets his wish, only to be closed-up in the dark nose of a Canberra PR.9, without windows !
Might as well be a coal miner !

Thanks Guys, more decals on looking the part now...

Have a question that I hope someone will know the answer, the last shot shows the wing warning lines Yellow and a diagonal Red/White pattern...which colour is outboard, yellow or red/White? I have searched high and low, not a single photo shows which way the pattern is applied???

And i don't even want to ask about a probable Silver line that seems to run through the wing centre section from fuselage to the outer wing panel through the roundel?

See image attached. Source : RAF - RAF Homepage

Attachments

• 62_Overall shot_2819.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 63_Overall shot_2826.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 64_Wing decals_2812.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Canberra_upper wing.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 72
As far as I know, the diagonal stokes go inboard, but I can't be 100% certain on this. That 'silver' line is more likely black, although for scale, a 'faded' black, dark grey, would be better, It marks the line of the main spar I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread