**** DONE: 1/48 Canberra PR.9 - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Glenn.

Working on the undercarriage stuff now...and panel lines too...

Attachments

• 74_Undercarriage_2988.jpg
    74_Undercarriage_2988.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 75_Undercarriage_2990.jpg
    75_Undercarriage_2990.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 65
Thanks Guys.

working on the various "antenna" type bits...making them rather than using the kit parts...
i won't finish this one now for another 10-14 days, as i have decided to add the metal strips on both upper and lower wings, they will represent the unpainted main wing spars, which apparently were left this way for inspection purposes, my existing silver decals are real old and no matter what I do with them they crack once they go in some water, so have ordered new stripes from Hannants which are on the way as of today, soon as they arrive I can finish her up.
In the mean time will add all the remaining bits and await the stripes...

Attachments

• 76_Antennas_3048.jpg
    76_Antennas_3048.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 91
Nice touch Wayne. How do you manage to drill holes in the small pieces? I've tried using a needle to start a pilot hole and aside from stabbing myself several times, it usually ends up ruining the plastic.

Geo

Nice touch Wayne. How do you manage to drill holes in the small pieces? I've tried using a needle to start a pilot hole and aside from stabbing myself several times, it usually ends up ruining the plastic.

Well George, i just seem to have a good eye for those tiny places, sometimes I use a pin or needle to start but normally i just go with my smallest drill to get the centre and then go to the appropriate size for the hole, balls it up sometimes but not often..

Geo

Great work on those antenna parts wayne, and good info on the main spar - I'd thought it was painted black.

Some pics didnt look Black so I went looking further and found the answer..:D

Thanks for looking in guys...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back