<> **** DONE: 1/48 Corsair IV - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

thanks guys.
did give them another going over today and have started to paint, need another coat which i should get done later tonight.
 
Quickly for now

IMG_20170303_174802109.jpg
 
Not bad Karl!
 
Looking good chef.
 
:thumbleft:
 
So I went to start the decals and found this !
Have no clue what has happened ?

IMG_20170329_114828977.jpg

Give it a sanding to smooth it out a little, ready to paint again, the dark colour should hide most of the mess

IMG_20170329_115126473.jpg
 
There must have been left something very hot near that. The polistyrene has been just melted.
 
That would be my first thought, second would be some form of "hot" chemical spilled on it like strong lacquer or enamel thinners?
 
The sunlight.. I don't think so. The glue fumes ... it is possible , especially if the glue tube was overlying the tail. If it was in some distance from the part it shouldn't cause a such damage.
 
I suspect that it was the glue used to join the parts. Too much, combined with a thin plastic will result in softening of he material. I've had that happen when using Tamiya Extra Thin with sheet styrene.
 
I agree with Andy. It looks like the effect of cement on the inside surfaces, melting the plastic.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back