--> **** DONE: 1/48 F6F-5K HELLCAT DRONE - Post-War Warbirds (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wasn't going to mention it. Thanks Andy. Working in the outer/inner wing panel joins. The lower right went on okay. It's basically a butt join so I used tube glue and tape to get it in the proper position and once it was firm enough I flooded the inside seam with super glue. A test fit of the upper right shows there will be blood. I'll post a photo once the other parts have cured for the night.

I guess I should have said, "....there will be mud...". Along with the gap, the two arrows are pointing to spots where the outer wing panel sits higher than the inner wing...

003.JPG

...that nub the red arrow is pointing to will be removed shortly. The three locating pins prevent the pieces moving closer together but removing them will throw everything out of whack; the rest of the outer wing panels fit very good. The plan is to remove the remaining gimmicky parts the arrows are pointing at...

004.JPG
005.JPG

...and run plastic strip along the edges to increase the gluing area(note the super glue lurking in the background.)

Yuck. Maybe some strategic placement of spacers on the inner section will help you align the surfaces before you will the gap.

Thanks guys. I manged to get it glued together before I caught the camp bus. I really have to stopped doing this as there is no way to make slight corrections for a week. There are 3 Berna clamps on it so it shouldn't move

Good stuff George. It must be a pain having to leave-off for a week, and then remember where you were up to, and what to do next.
I'm at that stage with the Mitchell, having been away for just three days - fortunately, I used a 'dictaphone' thingy to record what was needed, before I went away for the weekend !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back