--> **** DONE: 1/48 F6F-5K HELLCAT DRONE - Post-War Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agreed Glenn and though it doesn't show, I used your method. I think my burnishing technique needs some improvement, plus the fact that it took me 2 days to mask and then shoot, giving the tape time to lift slightly. Lesson learned here. Nothing is going to happen now for a while. The wife had major abdomen pain for the first two days I was in camp and went into emergency yesterday. After 4 hours of tests they ambulanced her to PG where she spent another 5 hours in emergency there. By the time I got there the were wheeling her in for a CAT scan and had the surgeons on standby. Thankfully the scan revealed it was an infection and not a rupture. She has to be there for a few days for antibiotics and observation. I went back down this morning and she looked and moved around better. When I got home an hour ago there was a text waiting. The moved her into another room that is occupied by an old man. He snores....a lot. She said she is going to kill him

Hope she recovers quickly George.
Know what she going through with the snoring, I was in the hospital once with a nutball in the next room who kept screaming for a nurse all night long. He didn't need a nurse, just to be moved to the psych floor :lol:

Best wishes for your wife's recovery! My younger daughter experienced a similar ordeal attending a youth conference in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago. UTI plus a stomach bug = two visits to the ER. My wife and I ended up going to pick her up.

Thanks guys. Brought the wife home today. Doc says she has to take it easy for a while. Going back to camp for my last night-shift tomorrow and then back to modelin'

Just catching up - glad to hear your wife is home and recovering George.
I know what it's like to be trapped in a hospital ward with snorers and 'nutters' !
Back in 2007, I was rushed in for a pericardial infusion job, and ended up on the only ward with a spare bed - nutty woman at one end screaming and wandering about all day and night, a guy at the other end p*ssing in the boxes at the end of the beds, which held the patients record clipboards, and the guy in the middle who's snores sounded like a troop of Tiger tanks on start up !

Thanks for the thoughts guys. The wife hates being inactive. Go to PG tomorrow to see one of her doctors to learn what she can and can't eat as that may have been the cause. The day she left the hospital, her surgeon asked if she at peanut butter and she said yes, crunchy. That is now a no-no. Anyhoooooo.......back to modelin'. Added the red background for the aircraft numbers/letters.

001.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back