--> **** DONE: 1/48 F6F-5K HELLCAT DRONE - Post-War Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents. Started putting on the decals and was worried that I hadn't made the paint cutouts large enough but everything fit.

001.JPG

Never used Alley Cat decals before but they work very well, conforming over the raised rivets and panel lines very nicely using Microset/Microsol. I managed to rip the forward bar off the fuselage star but got it back almost perfect. This was my fault and not the decals. They do stick firmly once they hit the model, but I flooded the area with water and that solved the problem. I was concerned the underlying color would show through the white but as can be seen, the white stayed bright. Hard to photograph a glossy model without the shine and this was the best angle I could get

Thanks Wojtek and Glenn. Playing with the separate red bars for the stars and by playing I mean swearing and by swearing I mean a lot of swearing!!! I understand the reasoning behind the separate decals but Mein Gott in Himmel, a pain in the keester. About 5 minutes just to line up one

Thank you Terry. Working on the canopy. The part was separated from the tree when I got the kit and there's a wee gouge at the bottom of the windscreen where it was attached so I filed it square, dipped it in Future©™ and glued some plastic strip in. I'll even it out later. The Future©™ also improved the clarity of the canopy. A shot of where it stands so far.

a.jpg

Merci mes amis. Canopy is done with a few touch-ups required. About to get going on the antennae. In the one clear photo I have back on Pg. 2, they look a wee bit complicated around the tail area....not gonna happen

Antennae are done and just sprayed on the flat coat, pic later. Mostly happy with the antennae but still struggle to get them to line up properly as in, starting/stopping in the middle of the pole. Tips?, greatly appreciated. Totally cocked up the attachment on the fuselage mast. Tried a new glue and it set almost immediately, off-center of course. The instructions on the glue mention, ".....up to 30 seconds setting time" Working on the final fiddly bits and this could be done in the P.M.

004.JPG

Took 7 pics and could not get all 3 insulators/tensioners(?) to be in focus at the same time. For some reason, the right one seems a lot larger than the one on the left, but it's not. I can see I need to trim the left one a little close yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back