**** DONE: 1/48 Gloster Gladiator I - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No bombs disposed of today, but she is almost done. Thanks for looking in folks and I've had good steady progress today. Taking a tip from one of Glenn's builds I've splashed on a bit of Future where the decals are going and tomorrow and if all is well, these will be added.

Here's a couple more picks just to keep the wolves happy.

20130128-1a.jpg

20130128-1b.jpg

20130128-1c.jpg

20130128-1d.jpg

Thanks ever so Geo. It wasn't a problem really, time is on my side and other than popping the cork on a bottle of wine each day, I've no other commitments...............................the life of a retiree!!

incredible Vic, looks very realistic mate.

question though where did you get that support frame thingy the model is resting on in the previous pages pictures ?

Thanks Karl, this support stand was made and sent to me by old Bill (N4521U) up in Sydney. Nice isn't it!

Many thanks also Wayne and Terry, appreciated.

Many thanks for looking in and your comments kind folk.

I had hoped to have finished this yesterday but Messer Roden decals struck or should I say fractured into little shards despite the fact that I had treated them with some Microscale first, consequently I've had to make my own decals numbers and many of the smaller detail decals.

Anyway folks, it is done, so that is now three string and plastic models awaiting the camera lens. Maybe this coming Saturday. For those who can't wait, here is a little preview.

20130130-1a.jpg

20130130-1b.jpg

The only indication of this being a 56 Squadron aircraft is the squadron badge on the tail.

20130130-1c.jpg

Here is a shot of all three rigged aircraft from this GB.

20130130-1d.jpg

mmm looking sharp :D

Love the results on her rigging :)

Damn, Mr. Balshaw, I have been so impressed with that rigging that I have made two seperate 90+ mile trips to get the supplies to try it myself. Great work!
I am off to the bench to start twisting wires!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back