**** DONE: 1/48 Polikarpov I-16 Type 10 – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cheers guys

just wondering now if the red in the tri colour on the rudder is gonna look way different to the sprayed bits

One way to find out

Just trying to be patient with some sanding and filling the i will spray some blue for the underside and as a primer / gap checker

Slight delay while i try and figure out what i am doing wrong with my airbrush

It paints badly for about 1 microsecond then it clogs up. I have cleaned it everywhere I can find to clean and its now officially doing my head in

Paint thin enough?
Not using mineral spirits with acrylic?
Visa versa?

Hope you get it sorted.

I was use vallejo air , which is acrylic and pre thinned

the light blue seemed fine but the green is being a bit naughty.

Maybe i need to clean it more, or set fire to it lol

I take it your referring to the Air Thinner 70.061. I usually ad a couple of drop to the mix. It's also been my misfortune to have the paint dry on the airbrush nozzle if the air temperature is to warm. Give the paint a really good shake after making sure the sediment on the bottom of the bottle has been mixed in, this is usually the pigment and when you mix with the drops thinners, do it in a bottle, not the airbrush paint cup.

So i have no idea what i have done to the airbrush

With the nozzle off plenty of air comes out , nozzle on, nothing, have cleaned the needle, soaked the nozzle in thinners etc

Grr

Looks like its back to the hairy stick

Are you sure you got everything off? Soak it in lacquer thinner over night and try cleaning it again. Lacquer thinner will dissolve pretty much any paint. Not all thinners will do this.

Are you sure you got everything off? Soak it in lacquer thinner over night and try cleaning it again. Lacquer thinner will dissolve pretty much any paint. Not all thinners will do this.

I am not certain no, I am sure its user error but i cant quite tell what I have done wrong

When you say lacquer thinner ,... do you mean like enamel paint thinner or something different? Just used tamiya thinners for acrylic so far

Nope. Lacquer thinner is what it is called. Any store calling itself a hardware store should have some. Very smelly stuff but great at dissolving any paint that I've used.

ok well i am muddling on with this despite my painting woes

Will take a few pics when its light , but the main painting is done with a mix of brush and spluttering airbrush

Bit of a disaster though, the decal for the tail " flag ) in red green and purple just dissolved when it met the water, so I need to find and or mix some purple paint now ... always something !!!

Well I am chugging along with the hairy sticks while i try and learn airbrushing for dummies

heres a quick phone pic showing the current state of play ... Need some touching up and sorting out details and to be home in daylight lol

Overall feel like I am making less mistakes, and learning from those i do still do ..

20130103_225601.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back