1/48 I-16 Type 10 - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all for the great comments :) Just a small update today, the next couple days I'll be tackling super glueing the gear (I tried to reg. glue the landing gear, but no go, it keeps falling off)

Lightly weathers the landing gear covers, since it was freshly painted by the Japanese this I-16 wouldn't have seen near as much dirt and grime as the other captured aircraft.
Used just a bit of led pencil to circle the bolts on the covers and a tad here and there with diluted grey green/black mix, diluted with water and thiner then applied in a dry brush fashion around the interior of the covers.
RSCN6314_zpsb6c88da5.jpg

Finally, cut the exhaust back to look like most of the other refrence photos I gathered of the I-16, I was using a Russian I-16 that had the exhaust really long and I ended up glueing it too far out when I did the model, so I cut it back with the X-acto and glued them in the proper positions. Paint chiping isn't a worry since she has a lot of exhaust staining and it'll cover well :)
RSCN6173_zpsf0deaf60.jpg

Little bit of work on the landing gear and tire.
RSCN6310_zps4eac630f.jpg

thats it for now, when I get the gears up and running I'll post again :) Thanks for watching all, btw shes looking might fine with decals on, but thats next time's update :D

That looks neat Igor and a little tip with that pesky undercarriage. Secure the olio leg in position and attach the main leg cover and then the support strut and cover, don't worry about that little flap that has to stick out at right angles for the moment, this you can add at the very end when the model is almost finished. It's just a simple glue job to the base of the main wheel cover.

Sorry guys, its been cold this week and I havn't had the chance to step out of the home, missing super glue :S so until I get it up and running I can't do much work on any of the remaining parts of the aircraft (final gear assembly, engine, cockpit) Almost done :D so close, yet so far away atm :S

Will keep you all updated :)

Amen on that Vic. The little bit of smoke in the air is killing Annie n Me. Can't sleep at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back