1/48 I-16 Type 10 - From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all, shes almost booth ready, I'll post some pics soon, after I update the Nieuport 17 thread :D

Thanks guys, cut my finger so I was out for a bit.

Now progress :D I glued the photo etch cockpit panel together, around the size of the Nieuport's chair. Didn't notice till it was done but its slightly misaligned in some sections. Fortunatley you can't notice the imperfections on some panels with the naked eye. :(
Some intruments are well aligned, but if you try to shift the misaligned ones to align them, then you mis-align the other instruments.
RSCN5838.jpg

Now the cockpit tub :) the cockpit section and walls had diffrent colors for each section, the fuselage sides had a grey and the cockpit a green. I did IJN Green on the cockpit tub, shes a Japanese I-16 and since the exterior was painted over, and the aircraft repaired and inspected, painted interior Japanese Colors as well.
DSCN5924.jpg

DSCN5923.jpg

DSCN5921.jpg

Still abit more work on the pillow but shes almost done, Thanks for checking in :)

Guess its time for an update after my recent push to get this one finished :D The Nieuport has stalled waiting for the booth, I'll post some updated pics soon :)

Now on the I-16 :D

Glued the panel to the fuselage to test the fit, I went over a lot of materials for the I-16s cockpit to make sure that this was the proper attatchment point to the fuselage, its hidden once the fuselage is in place and you can only barely see it, if you shine a light on the model and look deep :(

DSCN5940.jpg

Next step was putting in the cockpit tub. After a bit of waiting for the previous step to dry.

DSCN5946.jpg

There was some Aluminum specs of paint on the instrument panel that I fixed later on, not sure where they came from :D
DSCN5947.jpg

Heres a view showing how small a space it really is in there :(
DSCN5948.jpg

and finally both fuselage halves and wing together, along with a little sanding that I did today, it is an almost perfect fit, minus a bit of putty work and getting some of the wing area sanded down, the protrusions near the routes was a bit too much for my liking :(
DSCN5949.jpg

Thanks all for checking this out and the comments :) Greatly appreciated :)

Aye, right on the money meatloaf I've seen a couple pics and heard some storys about it :D , but that reminds me that I forgot to add, I'm doing this one with the door down :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back