**** DONE: 1/48 Polikarpov I-16 Type 10 – From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

She looks great :D have you found the wheels fiddly to put on? I've been having the strangest trouble on mine as of late :D hehe :)

Turned out really well and glad you got around to posting :) Now all you need is the weathering a bit and final shots :D

The undercarriage is bizarre and very fiddly

I need to finish painting the tail decoration as the rudder decal dissolved in the water > But the purple i mixed dried brown :(

Then a bit more weathering and maybe add the windy uppy cords for the undercarriage, and I am about there bar some tidying :)

So i have been faffing with this in the odd 20 min burst in-between open airbrush surgery . Bit of weathering and decalage done, just more touching up and tidying the tail logo up

So heres the current state of play

20130107_201546.jpg

Thanks guys, its not very impressive compared to much of the work displayed on here , but i can sense improvement my end and am learning from my mistakes. Theres much to learn so maybe its just as well that there are lots of mistakes :)

Looks alot worse now ...

Went to pop a thin coat of matt over the top to seal and blend things after my final touch ups and for some reason i cant fathom its dried all milky :(

Nothing i have tried as a rescue has done much to help, so whilst it would be ace for a eastern front look after a hard frost, its not looking too good for spain :(

Really gutted as this model looked not too shabby :(

ok i think I have found what i did wrong :(

I used tamiya flat base thinking it was a matt varnish type thing when i bought it ... just googled it and found it most certainly is not

GUTTED

No worries as I think you can fix that. Try brushing some Future or another acrylic gloss coat on a small area of the model and see if the milkiness disappears. If so, you can spray the whole model clear gloss and start over. Tamiya Flat Base is intended to be mixed into gloss coats in small ratios depending on the amount of dullness you want. It's never to be used by itself.

Did the same once myself so don't feel bad!

Thanks guys, its not very impressive compared to much of the work displayed on here , but i can sense improvement my end and am learning from my mistakes. Theres much to learn so maybe its just as well that there are lots of mistakes :)

This is a great place to learn about mistakes. With one exception, I've found everyone here very diplomatic about pointing out mistakes and offering tips on how to correct or avoid making them. Now you've got me thinking about purchasing one of the little beasts. Off to ebay I go.

Geo

I brushed it with a lot of water and then some klear , but it still wasnt pretty ... looks like a partial repaint ... grrr

I think it will be a case of do a rescue , learn and move on, which is annoying as I was pleased with my progress on this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back