**** DONE: 1/48 Harrier GR9,4(AC) Sqn RAF - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wayne. Got a tiny bit more done, but nothing worth showing yet. Might get it finished in the next day or two - if my hands let me!

Thank you my friend, and good to know you're back in the land of the living!
Hope you are feeling better - we were getting worried !

Thanks awfully old chap! No further progress I'm afraid - hands a bit too stiff to tackle the small parts at the moment, and trying to align the canopy is a nightmare!

Thanks Vic - just spent around two hours completing three simple stages!
Fitting the outrigger doors was a pain, each door taking around eleventeen attempts! OK, my hands didn't help, with minimal grip or dexterity, and the 'dead' rigid fingers getting in the way. But, the method of attachment, with very minimal jointing surfaces, didn't help - one of the few weak points of this kit.
Anyway, here's the state of play to date;
PICS 1 and 2. The designator lenses and upper anti-collision beacon fitted. The 'rough' spots are PVA, which will dry clear and not show.
PIC 3. The 'Sidewinder' launch rails in place, a surprisingly tricky job, due to those bl**dy stiff fingers!
PIC 4. Those troublesome outrigger doors - a bit of touch-up is required here.
Next step is to apply the decals for the MDCs to the canopy, then try to fit this convincingly in the open position, followed by decals on the wing tanks and fitting the remaining small parts.
Thanks again for your continued interest and kind comments, and I'll post another up-date when something is done!

Attachments

• New Harrier build 300.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 52
  • New Harrier build 307.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 54
  • New Harrier build 301.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 55
  • New Harrier build 308.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread