**** DONE: 1/48 Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I find if I neglect that have already finished, looks great I would have done more to wear white paint to see something lower camouflage

Sounds like your having fun Don and I'm with Andy, but I use an oil paint heavily thinned in Turpenoid on a small brush, the capillary action drawing it along the channel, then after 15 minutes or so, clean up with a cotton bud.

Got the new decal sheet in today

Attachments

• IL_38.JPG
    IL_38.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IL_39.JPG
    IL_39.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IL_40.JPG
    IL_40.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 65
Sorry to hear about the wash mishap! What were you using for a wash? I use earth-colored pastel chalks... use a knife blade to scrape pastel dust into a few drops of water. A little smidge of dishwashing soap to help lessen the surface adhesion of water. This is gently applied into the panel lines, allowed to dry and then gently rubbed off using a moistened tissue or paper towels. Since it is water-based, it will not affect the paint finish and can be completely wiped off if desired. I like the results of applying the wash over a flat finish better than a gloss finish.

I just hate it when that sort of thing happens to my decals, its such a pain trying to sort them.

Are you thinking of scuffing the distemper up a bit Don or you just going to let it ride.

Well between my last couple of weeks at work (I get laid off on the 31st) and looking for a new job and sending my wife home to Panama this last week, it's been hectic. Anyway I have goten alittle bit done. Got the new stars on and some fiddly bit and some mess.

Attachments

• IL_41.JPG
    IL_41.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IL_42.JPG
    IL_42.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IL_43.JPG
    IL_43.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 66
Looking good, Don. I will try to call you tomorrow. I am busy with Connor during the day, but I will try to ping you in the evening.

Color me done. here is the update.

Attachments

• done1.JPG
    done1.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 50
  • done2.JPG
    done2.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 56
  • done3.JPG
    done3.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 53
  • done4.JPG