**** DONE: 1/48 Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

I find if I neglect that have already finished, looks great I would have done more to wear white paint to see something lower camouflage
 
Sounds like your having fun Don and I'm with Andy, but I use an oil paint heavily thinned in Turpenoid on a small brush, the capillary action drawing it along the channel, then after 15 minutes or so, clean up with a cotton bud.
 
Got the new decal sheet in today
 

Attachments

  • IL_38.JPG
    IL_38.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IL_39.JPG
    IL_39.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IL_40.JPG
    IL_40.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 149
:thumbright:
 
Sorry to hear about the wash mishap! What were you using for a wash? I use earth-colored pastel chalks... use a knife blade to scrape pastel dust into a few drops of water. A little smidge of dishwashing soap to help lessen the surface adhesion of water. This is gently applied into the panel lines, allowed to dry and then gently rubbed off using a moistened tissue or paper towels. Since it is water-based, it will not affect the paint finish and can be completely wiped off if desired. I like the results of applying the wash over a flat finish better than a gloss finish.
 
I just hate it when that sort of thing happens to my decals, its such a pain trying to sort them.

Are you thinking of scuffing the distemper up a bit Don or you just going to let it ride.
 
Well between my last couple of weeks at work (I get laid off on the 31st) and looking for a new job and sending my wife home to Panama this last week, it's been hectic. Anyway I have goten alittle bit done. Got the new stars on and some fiddly bit and some mess.
 

Attachments

  • IL_41.JPG
    IL_41.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IL_42.JPG
    IL_42.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IL_43.JPG
    IL_43.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 142
Looking good, Don. I will try to call you tomorrow. I am busy with Connor during the day, but I will try to ping you in the evening.
 
Models looking great Don. Sorry to hear about the down time, hoping for the best.

Geo
 
Color me done. here is the update.
 

Attachments

  • done1.JPG
    done1.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 128
  • done2.JPG
    done2.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 137
  • done3.JPG
    done3.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 138
  • done4.JPG
    done4.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 143
  • done5.JPG
    done5.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 142
  • done6.JPG
    done6.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 144
  • done7.JPG
    done7.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 145
  • done8.JPG
    done8.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 126
  • done9.JPG
    done9.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 124
:cool:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back