**** DONE: 1/48 Junkers Ju 52/3M - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes it is Paul, for me anyway.

Thanks for looking in folks and for your encouraging comments.

Got a couple of things sorted today, the instrument panel is now in.

20130317-1a.jpg

Also worked on plan 'B' (battery replacement stowage) and built myself a little packing case to house the battery which will now be part of the cabin freight. The case took about 3 hours from start to finish.

20130317-1b.jpg

Also, again apologies for the deep shadow, pesky sun streaming in again at this late afternoon hour.

Thanks for the kind words my friends. I moved onto the freight engine today as well as making a start on the many harnesses/seat belt, 5 sets in all on this one. I like to shape them before painting and fitting.

Anyway, for now here is the DB 601 E, but no crate this time, just a couple of wood sleepers.

20130318-1a.jpg

20130318-1b.jpg

20130318-1c.jpg

It's been a long day.....

And, far too high a level of either lacquer thinner or glue or both. And, dooowwwn the rat hole we go.....

Manatees, girls, and sex.... who woulda thunk it? See rat hole comment above. I am still laughing to the point of tears though.

Vic, amazing work. I love the idea of making the battery a piece of crated cargo. Brilliant idea.

Dale

Last edited:
Thanks again folks. Finally got the pesky seat belts/harnesses sorted today and the cockpit done. I've also done a test fit of the cabin and all is looking quite good, so I hope to get that in position tomorrow. This will depend on events as we have a full house at the moment.

20130319-1a.jpg

20130319-1b.jpg

20130319-1c.jpg

20130319-1d.jpg

20130319-1e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back