**** DONE: 1/48 P-39 Airacobra - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Really? I've never had anything pop on me. You just have to make sure you do it in sections, and hold for a few seconds, then you can move on. That said I've only used it on new kits (Hasegawa 109, Tamiya F4U 1/48 ), so I don't know if it might be an older kit's fit issues. I also use tube glue for normal stuff but I hate it, and have for ages, so I'm going to try the Tamiya stuff on my new Corsair and see how it works for cockpit pieces and the like.

Must be something I'm doing wrong as I had the air scoop pop open last night while playing with some mud. I'm using a small brush to apply it, wait for a bit and the press it together for about a twenty count. I used an alligator clip over night on this. Speaking of mud, the wing joint is done and now waiting for the rear of the wing/fuselage joint to set up and sand and then it'll be ready for primer tomorrow.

002.JPG

Geo

I use Testors liquid almost exclusively now. Apply with a toothpick sharpened like a quill pen. I have built this P-39 Monogram 4 or 5 times over the years. Great kit. If you use lead sinkers flattened with a hammer, you can put the proper amount of weight in the nose and have the weapons area visible. Sorry I chimed in so late.

Not a problem, Paul. Nice to see you chiming in again. How many times have I said, "never again doing any model sporting white paint?"...

001.JPG

...one more coat to go. I used Citadel Ceramite White which I'm happy to say has provided the best coverage of all the white paints I've used to date. When dry, I can start the fun part of masking. I've found nothing about the width of the stripes and they don't seem to be uniform. I'll be using the photo and a 1/72 sheet I found online as references to try and get it as close as possible.

Geo

Thanks gents. It begins, the arduous task of masking starts with my second worst color. Again using Citadel paints, Yriel Yellow, a very good match for Insignia Yellow...

001.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back