**** DONE: 1/48 P-39 Airacobra - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, I lied....Game on. Progress has been made though.

Untitled.jpg

Geo

You and me both. Mighty frustrating, even though tackiness from the tape was lessened, the tape always wanted to stick where it wasn't wanted. I still haven't figured out how to get rid of the upward curl that is produced after the tape has been cut to size and removed from the cutting surface. Tips? Anyhoo....taping is done and I just have to go back around the model and make sure everything is battened down.

001.JPG
002.JPG

Geo

To avoid the upward curls you need to use more sharp cut tool of thinner edge. I would suggest using a razor blade.

Great stuff Geo.
I normally pull a length of tape between finger and thumb, to remove some of the adhesive, then lightly press it flat onto the cutting mat, before cutting with a new scalpel blade - no curl normally. If there is, then repeat the finger/thumb thing, and it should be fine.

Thanks Terry. Tape is off and as I was expecting, a plethora of touch-ups to do. I thought about holding off and taking a photo after the touch-ups were done but what the hey, ya can't always show just the pretty...

a.jpg

...overall, I'm happy with the initial outcome.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back