**** DONE: 1/48 P-39 Airacobra - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, one side done. It's not exactly like the photo, to get that, the numbers would have been spaced too far apart. I measured the decals and they are 8" scale size. In the photo, you can see where a bit of the clear on #4 has folded under. After nearly 10mins. of prodding, poking and removing the decal several times, I gave up.

a.jpg

Geo

Thanks guys, one side done. It's not exactly like the photo, to get that, the numbers would have been spaced too far apart. I measured the decals and they are 8" scale size. In the photo, you can see where a bit of the clear on #4 has folded under. After nearly 10mins. of prodding, poking and removing the decal several times, I gave up.

View attachment 286784

Geo

I HATE that! I would be tempted to slice it off. Otherwise looking good!

The sad thing is, I cut the clear film as close to the decal as possible to avoid this problem. They were a bit on the thick side (Revell) so it probably retained a memory. As I said, I had the decal off and reversed to unfold it but it just kept coming back. I was going to slice it with a scalpel but it is too close to the color. When looking at it with the eye, it's barely noticeable, the camera seems to compound it...c'est le vie. Fuselage stars are on and I'll tackle the right side tail numbers after the Canucks have elevated my blood pressure. When the family asks my 18month old grandson, "What does Poppa say?" he says, "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahh", my most frequent utterance when the Canucks are playing.

Geo

Darn shame about that decal folding, but looking great otherwise. A tiny touch pf paint over the fold, and it'll probably disappear.

Too true Cory, however, last night the clowns got 2 goals and then let Columbus have the next 6. After all these decades, they still haven't learned how to clear their own zone. Anyhoo...I digress. It's not that I am doing nothing between posts, it's the furlushinger Fantasy Printshop decals I'm using for the aircraft numbers, very translucent. I have to double up on them so I have to wait for the bottom set to dry. On top of that, there are only numbers on the sheet, no letters so I have to use two sevens to make the Z.

002.JPG

Geo

Thanks guys, starboard side complete, waiting to dry and then flat coat. Neither p-39 kit I'm building contains a radio mast so I'll have to scratch build two. Working on the small bits today.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back