**** DONE: 1/48 P-47 - Heavy Hitters II GB

Nice subtle undertones, perhaps too subtle?
I plan on lightning up the middle of the panels with a softer tone.
Waddya think?

p477.jpg
 
Paul I use this technique myself but have found that one needs to paint within the panel shading and very thin.I use what I think is part of Wayne's technique in pulses and wavy lines(mine) very lite in application.I still have not perfected it but I am liking it morso as time goes on.
 
Last edited:
That's a very nice color coat Paul. maybe a picture from rearward of one wing for the panel shading. But it's loooookeeng goood.
 
Me too! It has taken a few knocks.
I went too far with the lightening of the paint. I wanted contrast, but after it dried, boy, was that some contrast! So, out came the airbrush again with a mixture that was a little more subtle.
A light dusting and 'Viola! (wa-lah!)
Anyways, here it is.
(sorry, no wing shots...)

p478.jpg


p479.jpg
 
Ahoy Paul
the old Razorback Jug looks like a million bucks A Hardy Well Done love to see the finished product....Keep up the great work she is Beaut.

Boats
 
Beauty. Now if the decal manufacturers would oblige with worn looking insignia decals, we would be very happy......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back