**** DONE: 1/48 P-47 - Heavy Hitters II GB (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, old buffalo.
Been working at minimum wage, double shifts.
Hell of a thing, but it is the best that I can get right now.
Got a B.S. in E.E., but nobody wants an old white guy right now, so I will just continue being an outstanding employee, just the same as I did so many years ago....
(They love me.... show up on time, work my shift, fill in when they need me...F***in' kids!)

Last edited:
With Cory! Kill 'em all I say, waste of perfectly good oxygen! :lol:

Seriously though, do feel for ya Paul. I've had more than a few run ins with these little Napoleans in a few different work places. (that partly explains the number of jobs I've had...)

Hey, Paul,
The '47 looks great. I did that kit last year as a "I am getting back in the hobby" build. It was a nice kit. The checkerboard ring was a testy lil beast though. I did finally get it to settle down ok by using many applications of Micro-Sol.
Now, the kid thing? Yeap, this generation has a rude awakening coming when they finally get to the corporate world. My oldest (23) has had 9 jobs since he was 19. He lives with my ex who buys him everything; how the hell she affords the 3 TVs, 3 game consoles, 4 ACTIVE cell phones, and the 3 cars/trucks he has gone through is beyond me. oh, well, be curious to see how he does when he finally gets out on his own (maybe by 30). But, that is just me being a stingy, hard ass; just ask the ex.
Dale

Smart Rs young employers who think they know everything, and most couldn't even run a bath!
And kids (anyone under about 30) who have been educated by a system which seems to encourage 'the easy option', where they grow to expect everything to be made as easy as possible, with 'bullet point' answers, and the 'in depth' stuff done by someone else, meaning that having to, for example, do their own research, with books, or digging into records and so on, visiting libraries and searching wherever is needed is beyond their scope - because if it isn't on 'Google' (again someone else's input) then it must not exist!
I know every generation of parents say "Kids today...", but the current crop - heck, words fail me!!

Certainly know the feeling Paul. When I had a Takeaway up in Bris, kids didn't want to work to many hours cause it upset there dole (benefits) payments.

Some classic Barry Crump quotes (a legend in NZ):

'I've never heard a middle-aged or old person say that physical punishment or hard work did them any harm when they were kids'

'Some of the greatest nitwits I have met have been academics'

'Give a young person a chance and if they respond take it to the limit. If they don't respond drop them'

'Anyone who agrees that to pay young people the dole is a good idea is expressing a profound ignorance of human nature.
If you wanted to bring a society undone without firing a shot you couldn't do it better than to pay their young people to do nothing'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back