**** DONE: 1/48 P-47 - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, all! And thank you, Terry, somewhere back in the memory I knew that the blast tubes were stainless. It will be addressed.
Now, here is a little game for all of you. Can you spot the major "F" up I did, and fixed in this shot?

p4719.jpg

Some weathering...
More to follow.
Just because I told you guys I could weather if I wanted to.
A little chipping, and then some,... DIRT!
That's right, DIRT, Ha!, Ha!, Ha!
There is no stopping me now!, I may just put mud on the tyres! Just try to stop me!!!
Tee-Hee!!! Whoo-Effin' Whoo!!!

p4721.jpg

That's looking great Paul. Not sure the 78th ever tried the triple 'Bazooka' tubes though, although I know the 56th did.
I haven't had time to check, so I was going with the instruction sheet. Looks cool anyways, and if we get further info on the matter, I'd be happy to snap the buggers off.
As always, historical accuracy is of prime importance to me, and I thank you for anything you can shed on this!

Mud and dust. Grease and grime. A ding and a dent just for S&G's, but here she is,...
I still have to clean up the canopy a bit, and add one more wash, (light dust), but basically this will be it.

p4723.jpg

p4722.jpg

My thanks to all, and a special shout out to my old friend Bill. "We don't get older, we just get better!"
Stay strong, Old Buffallo, the MIL can't live forever!

That looks great! The weathering is spot on in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back